Fixing horn

bijou22

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Wellcraft 21sl 1997 and the horn has never worked on it, any ideas for a procedure to determine what part of the system is failing would be appreciated.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Fixing horn

the horns i've seen are just 2 wires. a pretty basic circut. ya should be able to diagnois with a test with a 12v test light i'd think. so there's the battery, the horn button, the horn and the wires that connect all. my horn didn't work either so fist i made sure i had power before the switch. if ya don't check the ground. then after the switch. ya have to push the horn switch to see if you got power after the switch. if no power its the switch. then up to the horn itself. if you have power at the horn itself. it has to be the horn. mine was the horn itself. took it apart and cleaned it up and it started working. if you don't find any components that are bad. it would be a open in the wireing between the last place ya had power and the point where you don't......hope that made sense....good luck.....

there's always the horn in a can too.....i carry one of them just for a spare, just in case......

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fixing horn

now if you have an air horn then you also have to check compressor, and air lines.