1979 V6 150 Mercury Carb Diagram

TRE J

Recruit
i OWN A 1994 NITRO WITH A 1979 150 MERCURY V6. AND WONDERING IF ANYONE AS A CARB DIAGRAM TO SHOW ME WERE THE IDLE MIXTURE SCREW IS FOR RICH AND LEAN SETTINGS. I AM VERY NEW TO THE BOATING WORLD BUT WANTING TO LEARN MORE, AND GETTING MY MOTOR RUNNING BETTER. SO HOPEFULLY I GAVE YOU ENOUGH INFORMATION TO HELP ME OUT. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1979 V6 150 Mercury Carb Diagram

Your engine has no idle adjustment needles for mixture, if it's bad enough you would have to remove the plugs on the outside of each carb and change the jets, they are air jets so you will have to decrease the size to richen the mix and increase the size to lean the engine. Also you can change the mix a little by trimming the engine, out is lean and in is rich

TRE J

Recruit
Re: 1979 V6 150 Mercury Carb Diagram

Thanks, I Appreciate The Help! Would You Have Any Way To Tell Me How To Set The Timming Right Then Because I Know That It Was Either Running Lean Or Rich Or The Timing Is Just A Hair Off, Because When I Let It Idle At 600 Rpm It Dies. But If I Set The Idle Up To About 1000 It Runs Great And Top Speeds At About 5000rpm At About 50 Mph.