Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 hp. ??

I just bought a Evinrude Fleetwin this morning, the guy i bought it from did not know anything about it. I think it is a 7.5 hp. Can someone please confirm the hp. and year of this motor please. Serial # is 7516-28262. Thanks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5 hp. ??

Super great engine, 1954, so it hasn't been run in a while, will need impeller, probably points, coils,condensers, plug wires, plugs and a carb kit. when trying to start, make sure the leg is submerge 1/2 way up. the water pump is high, and not self priming. did you get the 2 line pressure tank with it. if not you may want to convert it to a fuel pump, instead of a pressure pump. we can help. read this
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086

http://www.kencook.com/evinrudejohnsonmanuals/index.cfm?fuseaction=models.main&year=1954&ID=59631

No i did not get a pressure tank with the motor. I will check into changeing it over to a fuel pump. Thank you very much for the info.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

check the compression before buying any thing. you can spray a 24/1 gas and tcw3 outboard oil mix into the carb to see if it will fire off.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Check back with the guy you got it from and see if he knows where the tank is. Might help in at least tracking it down, even if he doesn't have it himself...
- Scott

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The 7.5 won't accept a fuel pump as is. Not to say that you can't do some creative engineering though. Best way is to get a pressure tank and preserve the value of that classic motor. They show up on e-bay all the time. Just make sure it isn't rusted, inside especially. The rest is rebuildable. Make sure you get the fuel connector too. It is worth more than the whole rest of the tank.