Block-off plate for a GM

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 4.3L V6 GM based engine and I need to find a block-off plate for the fuel pump. I can find them for Mercruiser all day long, but I am having trouble locating one for my engine. I have looked here on iboats and it didn't appear that they had it. Would Autozone, or a store like that carry something like that?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Block-off plate for a GM

I can find them for Mercruiser all day long,
Mercruiser uses GM V6 engines, if it's a Merc V6, their blockoff plate will work.

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Don. Another quick question; I didn't work on the engine so I'm not sure what it looks like, but my mechanic said that it was a three bolt design (three bolts across the top). Could you point me to an example picture of it?

Don S

It's a SB Chevy engine, nothing special about the part. Pick up the phone and call an auto parts store and ASK!

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I was going to call some parts stores. I was trying to make sure I was talking about the correct part because there are two bolt and four bolt. Also, my engine is a 4.3L GM based Yamaha engine. They may very well be the same block, but I am trying to cover all bases and double check.

Don S

They may very well be the same block, but I am trying to cover all bases and double check.

Go look at yours, then you will no for sure.

KaGee

Admiral

All the local auto parts stores around here have them in the "customizing" aisle.