treating vinyl

chaserooooo69

Recruit
Well i did a seach for this and couldn't find anything worthwhile about the subject. Just wandering what you guys use for treatment on the seats and padding to keep the vinyl soft and is anyone uses a vinyl conditioner, not really concerned with cleaning already have that part covered, just wandering what you guys use to keep them looking good.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: treating vinyl

Best thing to do is keep them clean and out of the sun.

ildoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've used a product called "303 Aerospace Protectant" for a couple of years now and it seems to work very well on both vinyl and fiberglass.

Here's the company's website. On it you can search for a dealer near you.

http://www.303products.com/main.php

marke077

Cadet

I am waking up this dead post, because it's exactly what I wanted to ask also.. I have used 303, but it doesn't seem to last there for very long.
How about using some kind of scotchguard on vinyl, it should at least repel water.. ?

ziggy

Admiral

I have used 303, but it doesn't seem to last there for very long.
i use 303 too. i do my vinyl maybe 3 times a year. spring, mid season and prior to lay up.
it's been 5 months + since i did mine. i went out the other day to just look under my cover. i felt my seats and they were nice and pliable even in 35* weather. and my seats are 35 years old too.. i'm pretty liberal when applying 303 too. let it soak in, rub it in and then wipe it off.
do ya keep it under cover? mine is at all times other than when i'm using it...

marke077

Cadet

Hi, Yes I will cover my new boat all the time. On my old boat I used it on all vinyl and plastics, but some parts were not covered all the time. I just noticed that after some rain the 303 was all gone on the parts that I didn't cover.. That's why I think maybe some scotchguard would be better and last longer?

cr2k

Captain

I called a company that makes and sells vinyl dressing about the stiff vinyl on the seats in my Regal. I was told the best thing to do is scrub them with Dove dish soap and as hot of water as you can stand with gloves on. Opening the pores is the best thing for vinyl. No dressing, no armoral no vinyl cleaners just detergent and very hot water.

mphy98

Lieutenant

No Armoral? that's just not right! But if they say so, I have used it for years and have never had a problem and the vinyl always looks good and lasts forever in boat and car applications.