Hummingbird 525

Pony

Rear Admiral
I just bought the Hummingbird 525 from the local Cablas store. Has anyone used one, or had good expiriences with it? I bought it figuring it is a pretty baseline model without the bells and whistles that are useless to me. Does anyone have the speed attachment?, and does anyone think the $35 for it would be worth it?

I have never used Hummingbird before, my previous locator was an Eagle......it lasted about 10 years before -20F temps cracked the screen this winter.

Hummingbird 525

Nighthawk

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Hummingbird 525

I have used the humminbird 525 and 535 models and honestly they are great fishfinders . In my humble opinion they are much better than any other brand for the price range.
As for the speed sensor I have never used one so I cant give you any advice there . I always use a handheld gps unit to get my speeds and to check the accuracy of the speedometer.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have the 535 in my Starcraft and i am buying a 565 for my ChrisCraft.Everything i have been reading on the speed option says it is very accurate.The 535 has been great.It was in the boat when i bought it,at first i figured it was a cheap unit until i started using it,now i love it!

Pony

Rear Admiral

That sounds very promising Gary. I hope I have the same expirience.

johnson1989

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the same model as you just got. Just put it on my boat this winter. I have had it out about 5 times and for the price I dont think you can beat it. Nice Display and it has a lot of nice features. I didnt get the speedometer wheel but I have some friends that have them and they work pretty good.

trouttamer

Cadet

good morning pony,
i just purchased the 525 also. i bought it at the local walmart on sale from 129$, for 60$. i am attaching the transducer to my bow mounted troller. i got this unit for my wife, so when she is fishing from the bow of our alumacraft 175cs she will see how deep the water is and if there are any fish so she won't have to ask me those questions every 60 seconds. it looks like a great unit. the expensive part was purchasing the transducer attachment bracket from bass pro, paid 20$ for a hose clamp and plastic ties, i am done with bass pro. hope to enjoy the 525, hope you enjoy as well.

happy fishn
trouttamer
fishns' GREAT in NY upstate

Alpinegold

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have had the 525 for a couple of months now and i came off the Eagle. I read all the reviews and it is suppose to be very good for the price. I may be to stupid to work this thing as I get a lot of noise when I am running around looking for crappie. I installed it per the book. It doesnt seem to graph many fish and yet I know I am hitting some areas that fish are holding. Dont know ..