Where to mount transducer

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys. I have a Humingbird. I mounted the transducer but Im not sure if its right.. The directions say the lowest point of the hull. I mounted it to the left of the outdrive on the flat part of the hull right before it starts to turn upwards.
is that right or does it need to go somewhere else
Thanx
Rob

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Where to mount transducer

That should work. You may have to adjust it up or down a little to get proper readings at all speeds.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

Ok thanx. Right now its per specs at 10* but when I start running the display gets all pixulated. am I going too fast? also sometimes it reads 800 feet when i know its no more than 50-70 ft. 98* of the time it works great
Rob

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Your transducer should be parallel to the waterline with the boat at rest, and even with the bottom of the boat. the pixellated display and loss of bottom indicate that the 'ducer is running in turbulence or getting bubbles under it...could be due to being too high (not likely to be too low), or a strake or rivet or some other hull feature directly in front of it, or too close to the prop. In which case it'll need to be moved. If so fill the old holes with Marine-tex.