How much is Aluminum Deck worth

rogerwa

Commander
I just sold my boat and now am in the market for a new party barge. I'll miss the Searay as it was an awesome boat, but we just needed more space.

With Pontoon boats, I am mainly looking for a good set of toons, frame and engine. I do not want to do any refurb but will do it for the right deal. There is a boat available with an aluminum deck and a 60hp Mariner. it looks as though it may need furniture, which if built into the price is not a big deal.

The aluminum deck to me is a big selling point. Are there downsides to this, such as being noisier or harder to refurb?? Just seeking some input here.

Also, I do not have experience with Mariner. I do not know the year as I have not spoken to the seller yet. Are these motors good and can you get parts?? Thanks in advance..

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: How much is Aluminum Deck worth

the mariner is basically a mercury outboard. the aluminum deck would be a big plus to me. i would even consider removing any carpet and use some of the other type decking now available. nautiflex, grizzly grip. etc. there are a number of companies making pontoon seats at reasonable prices. then you could configure the boat the way you want it. i've always thought about to sofa style facing each other for a slow cruise conversation area, instead of everything line up around the sides. then the side are open to fish from the rail.