Prop recommendations 1995 150 Johnson Fastrike

WIbassfisherman

Recruit
I bought a boat recently with a Stainless Raker prop on the 1995 150 Johnson Fastrike. I have no idea the pitch or diameter. The prop has a couple subtle folds in it and was thinking of getting a new one and making the current prop my spare. I'm looking for recommendations for:

Prop brand
Pitch
Diameter

Thanks for any input.

Ron G

Commander
Re: Prop recommendations 1995 150 Johnson Fastrike

All depeands on hull and what you want out of it.

LubeDude

Admiral

You just are not giving us enough information to go on.

We need to know all the specs on your boat:

Your WOT RPM at full throttle:

The size and pitch is clearly marked on the hub of a Raker around the nut:

How high is the engine mounted on the transom, either bottom to center of the shaft, or bottom to the ventilation plate on the engine:

Give us this info and we will be all over it.

propper_advice

Seaman Apprentice

With your motor make, horsepower and year i would suggest a 15 x 17 size prop so thats 15 diameter and 17 pitch. As far as a prop brand goes, i would recommend a piranha prop because of its versitility with interchangeable blades check it it out on their website at www.Piranha.com you can find out all the information you need to know to help you make your decision.

-nick

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I'm not sure how anybody can recommend a prop without knowing what hull the motor is on, what rpms the current prop turned (in good condition) and what the slip percentage was. I have two of that same style motor on two different boats (both 18') and they use totally different props. Way different.

IMhooked

Recruit

Just to update you guys on my partners prop. He did take it in to get it "worked on" and it looks 10x better than it had.

He is still dead set on getting a spare at a reasonable price. The specs on the current raker prop are 14 1/2 x 24. He's pleased with the performance so he'll be wanting to get another. When going to iboats.com and typing in the year and model of the boat, the website offers suggested props. I've gone in to confirm this and if you put in 24 pitch prop it gives a few different diameters such as 15 1/8 for a Scorpion 3 bladed prop, Stilleto 13 3/4 for a four bladed prop, etc.

My question is, does the diameter matter in the fit? Also, what is the difference between 3 blade vs. 4 blade in performance?

Thanks again guys.