Prop change on Tahoe Deckboat 195 4.3 Mercury

chaldz

Recruit
I'd like to get opinions on moving from a 23 pitch 3 blade prop to a 4 blade 21 pitch prop on a Tahoe deckboat 195 I/O 4.3 190hp. I'm not looking for top end speed but rather fuel economy at cruising speed as well as getting on plane effortlessly. I'll also like to pull tubes and other toys from time to time.

Thanks,
Charles

chaldz

Recruit
Re: Prop change on Tahoe Deckboat 195 4.3 Mercury

I'm currently looking into an Apollo 4 blade SS 20 or 22 or the Mercury Vensura 21 pitch. Any opinions or recommendations?

Thanks,
Charles

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may also want to look at a Stiletto or Turbo.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I'd like to get opinions on moving from a 23 pitch 3 blade prop to a 4 blade 21 pitch prop on a Tahoe deckboat 195 I/O 4.3 190hp. I'm not looking for top end speed but rather fuel economy at cruising speed as well as getting on plane effortlessly. I'll also like to pull tubes and other toys from time to time.

Thanks,
Charles

Could you post your Rpm and Speed at wide open throttle?

chaldz

Recruit

I'm going on a test run with the boat Tuesday with a GPS to get the correct speed. On our first test run the tach wasn't calibrated. I'll post the results then.

I'm also curious if a 4 blade is worth it.

Thanks,
Charles

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

:D Props are spendy,once you have the correct or as close to correct info, you can spend that money where it does the most work.4 blades worth there money......... they provide different performance slower,but smoother more lift and better fuel econ or so they say on the econ.

But the above does not make them better, and i can only speak to deep v hull's with I/O's.........Id luv to have a 4 blade enteria, it be fasst and smooth... ;)