3.5 sea king question

backtracker

Recruit
Ok heres what I have. ward/sea king made buy chrysler. 3.5 hp. also has little gaser wrote on it. Model # VWB 52003. Ser. # 18X 1216. Can you tell me the year? If it has a water pump? And oil mixture? Also can the parts be found on this site. Thanks Ron.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3.5 sea king question

Heres what I know: It is a 1981. Other than that, I am not sure what it is. Does it have cooling fins on the powerhead like a lawn mower? If not, then it is water cooled and has a water pump. But if it does have cooling fins it is air cooled, but with water cooled exhaust. Then you have to go another step further and look at where the underwater exhaust comes out. Is there a tube coming out the exhaust outlet and curving forward toward the propeller? If no, then there is a water pump. If yes, prop wash forces water up through the tube to cool the exhaust and there is no water pump.

backtracker

Recruit

Imported F R - Thankyou for the information. Looks like it has a pump. No finns and no tube at the prop. Guess its time to locate a manual and pump.
Thanks again Ron

backtracker

Recruit

Just a update. I tore into the lower unit. It did have a water pump and it worked fine. Just didn't see any water coming out because it eixts through the exahuast under water. Now does anyone know the oil mixture that is recomended for the motor. Thanks Ron.