iBoats Manufacturer Section

breddd

Recruit
I just recently purchased a used 1988 Checkmate Diplomat, 16' w/110hp Evinrude V4 oil injected outboard. The manufacturer section of the iBoat website was very useful in my determination of buying this boat as far as was the specs and manufacturer HP rating is for this boat. Anyway, what I NEED to know is the weight mentioned for this boat is 875 pounds. I know it says that it does not include gear, fuel, etc....but does this 875 pounds include the weight of the outboard motor? I really need to know this because I need to make some modifications to my trailer (get a more narrow tire) because it will not fit through my 8 foot garage door because it is about 3 inches too wide. And I can't even manuever it getting one wheel inside the garage and then the other. I am gonna have to drop down from 14" tires to !2".

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: iBoats Manufacturer Section

No, Bredd. The 875lb is bare hull. . .no engine. Your V4 JohnnyRude weighs about another 300-325.

Welcome aboard. :)

breddd

Recruit

Thanks JB for your quick reply. It looks like I am going to have to keep my
14's so I don't end up melting them on the highway as we are going out to have a little fun. Looks like I am going to need to cut back the fenders a little and then each time putting it away in the garage, jack it up and put a couple of donut spares on so it fits thru the door. Small sacrifice for a day of fun with the family. Thanks again. :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i think i'd start looking for a used trailer.

breddd

Recruit

Yeah, that thought has already occurred. One thing though...my boat sits nice and low on the trailer whereas it slides under the garage door with ease. In fact, I think the top of the windshield on the boat while on the trailer is about 6 feet above the ground. Would this mean that the trailer is considered a low-profile trailer? If so, that is what I want to get to replace my current trailer. Thanks!