GM BB Fuel injected ?????

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Stbd motor is fine, Port motor with key "on" no fuel pump noise prior to "start" ,motor will crank over,has spark, will not fire.When the "battery parallel" is operated the fuel pump does make noise to pressureize and shuts down.Motor still willl not start.fuel line selectors are on stbd fuel system.Factory wiring.system ,not butcherd up.Never saw this before ,need direction.
Leave pvt message and or # to talk.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: GM BB Fuel injected ?????

Merc, Volvo, Year, Model/SN.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

How could I miss that? 2001 33` Wellcraft Coastal M/C inboards

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Got a SN for the engine? Merc gives no info by year and boat make

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Will be there by wed.for the SN`s. Will also post the answer to this riddle when i find it.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

bump
should have ser #`s by sat.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

As it turns out the port fuel pump was sticking/not running when the key was turned on.Factory wiring turns the stbd pump on with the boost switch for some reason, that was the pump we heard running.
after checking the relays and pump wiring connectors for power it was determined that the pump was stuck/jammed,etc. a few good whacks freed it up and it started working with the key in the on position and motor started with no problems.boats 3 years old and already the M/C part is superseded to a new unit with a different type of "cool can". looking into finding the SB that details this.Supposedly cost is $300.00 for the new unit.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Was it the high pressure pump or the low pressure pump. They don't like water and will rust and stick. If it's the high pressure pump pull the fuel inlet fitting and look at the screen in there, I'll bet you see rust staining.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Reel, from what I can tell there is only the 1 pump with the cool can setup mounted off the lower motor mount.2 braided lines from the sep.to the pump,main line up to the rail.