200 hp magnets.

Let;s make sure I did not goof,,,,,,

When glueing them back in. They should be :

NS-NS-NS-NS With N being the north and the S being south where N and S stick together

or should it be

SN-NS-SN-NS

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: 200 hp magnets.

If you are talking about OMC V6 flywheel magnets, all you have to do is evenly space them with the notched corners facing you (UP).

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

when the flywheel is on the crank, should the notches be toward the block or the sky?

to the block

In other words, when you are installing the magnets while the flywheel is on a bench, you want to see the notches facing you.

sweetmarie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you are talking about OMC V6 flywheel magnets, all you have to do is evenly space them with the notched corners facing you (UP).

Not to hyjack but I think this question is relevant to the thread. While I was pulling off the flywheel from my 1986 175 hp v6 Evinrude, one of the magnets fell off. None of the magnets were glued and I didn't realize until reading this thread that they had to be.

I put the magnet back to approx. where it was.
Questions: Should I pull off the flywheel and glue the magnets. Do they have to be exactly spaced apart, to the thou? I'm not sure if I positoned the notched corners correctly. Bit I did start the motor and ran it for about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

sweetmarie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 175 hp magnets. 1986 Evinrude

Re: 175 hp magnets. 1986 Evinrude

Well I did some reading and found most of my answers: magnet orientation and the need for them to be epoxyed. Guess I'll be pulling my flywheel off again.

sweetmarie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just to update: motor's been running smooooooooooth since.

jonesg

Admiral

thanks for posting back, thats what makes this thing work.