torque steering!!!??

dog face

Cadet
I was just at my local marine store i have 150hp on a 21 ft boat with cable steering. they told me that I have to have hydraulic steering is this right? is there a stabilizer or something i can put on it.Just put this system on dont really want to bye another one. hope someone can help with this!! Thanks.

avirex7823

Cadet
Re: torque steering!!!??

Did you just install a single cable for steering? If so, you must install two cables for the 150 hp engines for safety reasons. If you have the dual cables, this is fine, as they had many a boat with dual cables long before hydraulic steering came on the market.

dog face

Cadet

NO single cable how do i set it up for two do i need hole new system?

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Depends on what you have. Some systems can have the other rack and cable added. You will need the adapter kit for the extra engine hook up as well.

dog face

Cadet

Thanks for info. guess im going to bye a two cable system. Thanks again

ted655

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just installed a Teleflex NFB on my 115. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thougt they were rated up through 150 hp. ???

dog face

Cadet

i have to check and see what system i have teleflex says that some of there single cable anti feedback systems will work hope thats what i got so you may be right Thanks ill let you know!!!

studlymandingo

Commander

I ran a single-cable on a 150 for quite some time; recently switched it to a hydraulic setup..... Very nice improvement. I bought the system off of eBay used for about what a good cable system costs.​

dog face

Cadet

I checked the system i have does not have antibacklash been looking for used hydraulic system on ebay nothing yet in my price range might just go with new cable system oh well at least fishing season is all most here lol