Must see YouTube!

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Must see YouTube!

Your present war stuff..not interested. Most able brained patriots know what they go through. Myself, (Nam Vet)...99% of us are sick of the asinine war..and the fuzzy stuff kinda pisses me off. And I'm still talking Nam..​

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good video....

I am a Vet and started out in the Viet Nam Era right through Grenada the first Gulf and retired in 93.

I regret not seeing the public involvement that we see today.

Thank you for posting it.

Scaaty.... I too do not agree with the present situation but supporting the troops is healthy for them. At the end of VN people blamed the soldier and not the situation.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I am a patriot and a vet who does, has and always will support the troops. Not only that, but regardless of how their mission is politicised, I do and always will support it also . It aint their call where they are sent in most cases, but they signed-up to answer it.
God bless each and every one of them, regardless of how they individidually feel about their missions.

Last edited:

treedancer

Commander

This is one Vet that watched both videos, and enjoyed them both, I watched the first one two times , again a very good ,the only exception I had was the first part of the first video, with the present deployment of the national guard, looking for some of my contemporary?s ,aka,s grandparents.

That second one rofl ,especially the last part. Guy looking around wha happin???:D

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your present war stuff..not interested. Most able brained patriots know what they go through. Myself, (Nam Vet)...99% of us are sick of the asinine war..and the fuzzy stuff kinda pisses me off. And I'm still talking Nam..​

I wouldn't dare to presume I know anything about your war or the experiences you encountered. As a 22 year veteran and a combat veteran of three wars though, I think that video needs to be seen. The fact you, a combat veteran, can state your sick of the war and then make a quote that 99% of Nam vets are tired of the assinine war is scary. Tells me the media has done their job and done it well. The media is treating this war just like Vietnam and they have turned public opinion. JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH YOUR WAR.

I can only assume you were a draftee who not only hated your time in service but the service itself. You didn't learn anything did you?

The point of the video is that they are there. They didn't ask to go, but they are there. And regardless of your politics, until they come home, we shouldn't politicize our support. As long as they are in harms way, support them. Don't forget them.

You and your kind forgot them a long time ago, No wonder you didn't like it. Don't spew things about patriots to me Sir. The patriots are IN that video. And they all, to a person, volunteered.

Support them, actively do something to get them home or shut up.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Good video....

I am a Vet and started out in the Viet Nam Era right through Grenada the first Gulf and retired in 93.

I regret not seeing the public involvement that we see today.

Thank you for posting it.

Scaaty.... I too do not agree with the present situation but supporting the troops is healthy for them. At the end of VN people blamed the soldier and not the situation.

Agreed..........................

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Thing is this has been all over the internet for quite awhile. Probably saw it a year ago. And I don't just post something, or talk something, and feel GOOD about it, and say you SUPPORT the troops. Tell me WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. Heres a link to a dear childhood friend of mine, and we have raised and done more than many that just post and feel good about it...
Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words and pictures....(donate something..)

http://www.operationstars.com/

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What have I done? I deployed a company to Iraq for 9 months and brought home every member OF THAT company. 183 soldiers deployed, 183 came home alive. I deployed a small staff section to Afghanistan and WE ALL came home alive.

Since my retirement from active duty I took a job with the United States Special Operations Command. I work on new program and product development and have had a direct hand in the acquisition, development, fielding and support of numerous rapid initiative fielding projects to get items into the war fighters hands in a streamlined approach that avoids the normal lengthy acqisition channels.

I am a salaried exempt employee required to work 80 hours every two weeks, I normally log about 50 to 55 a week, as it isn't about the money.

I'm doing as much now as I did in uniform to support the troops. I don't make webs sites or put yellow stickers on my car. I work and I work hard. Daily. THAT'S what I do.

Donating to a site your FRIEND made doesn't take a lot of courage now does it.​

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Since you ask.....

When the National Guard Soldiers were activated and sent to Iraq I was working at a Chevrolet Dealership. I suggested to the owner and coordinated free regular maintenance for all the soldiers families. Things like oil changes, tire rotations, and minor repairs were performed for free for almost 20 months.

I will never turn away a fellow Vet and their families. Tend to give them special treatment.

I have been thanked by many soldiers who were deployed and returned and I basically ask them all the same questions...... What did they need while in Iraq? They normally answered nothing special they had everything they needed. With a wide grin they comment that someone in the unit was a good wheeler and dealer and trade for everthing. I also thank them for their service.

I live in a very supportive area and yes per capita we have lost more soldiers than most.

Gabby........ good job! Great record!

Scaaty..... thanks for asking.

Bob

justin65

Seaman Apprentice

Excellent video on You tube. Should be mandatory viewing.

Cheers.​

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

I agree it should be!
Good find and thanks for posting it.

We never had the options to pick and chose our battles like our brothers and sisters in arms today.
Maybe if Jane Fonda types took the time to understand that instead of taking more acid for their psychedelic trips into la-la land they might and I say might get a clue.....

justin65

Seaman Apprentice

I have to disagree with you on that. Most don?t have a frigging clue besides a snip they might see on the news. Being a Vet you would know you cant encompass what living in combat is like with a 10 second video.

It?s like saying that a person who has never served in his/her life could understand by watching a TV program.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

HM,
I've never said anything about a specific action, campaign or medal or skill badge I have, earned or am entitled to. I don't think being a vet means I ave more knowledge than anyone else.

Nor do I quote obscure statistics to try and sway an argument.

Any time you or anyone else wants to see my ERB or DD-214 I'll be glad to provide it. I don't pretend to be Rambo. Having said that, I won't sit here and let someone that hasnt' served in Iraq and only gets their news from online and TV tell me ABOUT Iraq. Or anythign else for that matter. The tooth to tail ration in Vietnam was 10 to 1. For every warfighter there were 10 REMF's. It isn't as bad in Iraq but it IS high, so I know that just being there doesn't make on an expert.

Besides, I'd rather be a centurion than a "never did anything."

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

There you go again......;)
Sorry if I hit a nerve........:eek:
I'd wager that half of your posts mention your military service.....
I'll let it go at that......:)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

There you go again......;)
Sorry if I hit a nerve........:eek:
I'd wager that half of your posts mention your military service.....

Great video gabby!!!

Haut, so what if ALL his posts are about his service. He's proud of it as he should be. Don't like 'em don't read 'em. Seems the only thing you do here DC is instigate things. It would be nice if you actually had something worth while to say every now and then.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry if that bothers you. I don't count whether or not I mention my "service". For the record, I wasn't in for a day or two or one enlistment. I was in from the time I was 18 until 40.

When you make that commitment it isn't a job or a hitch, it's a way of life that permeates your very being. Maybe that is why I mention it so much. Sorry it bothers you. Personally I don't think about it.

Can't help but wonder though, what perverse pleasure you derive out of trying to hit someone's nerve? Just curious. Who knows, maybe I'm just hypersensitive to liberal comments re: the military. How bout you send me a list of acceptable comments so that I can NOT bother you. Isn’t that what you libs would truly like anyway? Total thought control?
PS. I "mentioned" my service in response to Scaaty asking what I did. He has assisted in sending things to the troops which is admirable. But he asked what I did. I think 15 months in theater was worth mentioning. BUT, even though he and I might have had a slight disagreement, at least he DID something.​

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Like I said, sorry if I struck a nerve......
SCAATY summed it up......
Your present war stuff..not interested. Most able brained patriots know what they go through. Myself, 99% of us are sick of the asinine war..and the fuzzy stuff kinda pisses me off.
You said it should be mandatory viewing.....
I think not.....
Once again......

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I can only assume you were a draftee who not only hated your time in service but the service itself. You didn't learn anything did you?

Your so full of yourself with all the GD answers if I was with you in Nam, I would have shot yer sorry *****..(don't think it didn't happen). For one, I VOLUNTEERED. Just past 18 out of Chicago with 11 others (do the math and think Lee Marvin) Spent more time pounding ground and more in Dustoffs that you could never imagine. After the tours, did a good stint in Europe,.
I like a good fight (I'm also one of those bad*****es bikers that 99% of the population I need to look down to cause ya all too freaking short with big mouths, and pushing 47 years in the saddle too...more cross countries rides than you can imagine...month long rides, by myself)
That friend of mine has been a nurse for 45 years. Dedicated to the hilt. F&#k you. Like I said ..just what the F%^k have you done but brag. Probably a GD cook that peeled potatos and pretend. EVERY Nam vet I know that saw REAL action damn sure don't talk about it, its a silent breed...no need for grandstanding. We talk around the campfire, but only among our (my) brothers in arms).
Ya say sh%t, but WHAT HAVE YA DONE?????
I belong to ABATE, live outside the Capital, and go to all hearing on the newest crap laws, and tell the Bast$%ds to knock off the posing, feel good crap.
I quit the NRA because they need a new building with my money, and bail to the other lobbyists ( Iknow one...$800,000 freaking mansion, does and creates NOTHING)
BUT I STILL go to ANY gun legistation laws and shove it in there face, with mine.
Screw you wannabe somebody, thats enough from me....you're waste of hot air and skin...