Anyone heard from Snailman since Isabel?

Snailman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone heard from Snailman since Isabel?

Hi Jinx!<br /><br />Thanx for asking. We're fine! It was exciting and scary! How did YOU fair during the storm? Are you anywhere near the coast or the Bay? Anyone else got stories and/or pix?<br /><br />The cottage is on a hill about 25' above high tide so flooding wasn't an issue. We only lost one tree down by the water and that didn't hit anything when it came down. The tree nearest the house lost a limb that had to be pulled down before it came down on the roof. That video is kinda funny but large (6.6MB). <br /><br />My neighbor lost 2 50' trees. One of them crushed his wife's car. His business (he's a waterman) is on the point level with high tide. The first floor of the building was chest deep in water! He lost all his peelers and lots of electrical equipment, compressors etc but the restaurant was open again 2 weeks later! <br /><br />Lots of people lost a lot more. Out of about 15 docks on the Rap between Towles Point and Monaskon only 2 were left standing and they were in such bad shape they'll have to be replaced too. A lot of the place looks like those pix that you posted. :( <br /><br />Nobody was hurt or killed and things are already returning to normal. Folks weren't whining because the power was out or the road was blocked... they broke out the canned food, generators and chain saws and tractors and had the place cleaned up by the time VDOT got there! :D <br /><br />My neighbor's business before the storm:<br />
prestorm.jpg
<br /><br />My neighbor's business during the storm:<br /><br />
poststorm.jpg

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Anyone heard from Snailman since Isabel?

Well snailman welcome back from the waterlog bygone days :D