Suzuki DT100 throttle sensor ??

SimonN

Recruit
Hi All

My DT100 broke down yesterday :mad: It's a 1991 model. I put it in the water and she started fine, left the bay and opened her up. She pulled cleanly through to about 6k but then about 30 seconds later she lost all power and cut out. Initial thoughts were that this was a fuel problem (from the way it died). The engine would start and run (albeit not well) with the choke pushed in but died the moment you released it. Tonight I stripped the carbs but could find nothing wrong and the fuel supply is fine. Whilst scratching my head I remembered that at the end of last season I had an electrical short circuit (found to be in the control box) and some of the loom got a bit too hot (and went brittle). This includes the wires going to the throttle sensor (attached to the bottom carb). Can anybody advise me what exactly this does and whether it would lead to the symptoms above? I'm a little surprised that it cut out when at max revs, but then again I'm not sure what the sensor does and, if the wire has broken, whether the engine would still run.... If it only advances the ignition by a degree or two I would have thought the engine would still run ok?? Any suggestions / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Simon

George Maciver

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT100 throttle sensor ??

Have you had any joy with your problem??

I also have a DT100 (1990), it also starts to run poorly after about 1hr an will then cut out. we have changed fuel tank/lines/filter and no change. we took it out last week and found that a lot of water was getting in to the power head casing and the throttle sensor cable inc the connecting block was under water (this may be causing a short).

At the moment we have taken the carbs off and are getting them cleaned, and we are trying to source where the water is getting in! we will also try and mount the sensor cable off the bottom of the casing.

I will let you know if it does any good!!

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: Suzuki DT100 throttle sensor ??

u are referring to the tps sensor
this sets idle and timing
needs to be between 225-275 ohms

do u have the manual?