Eagle vs. other brands of Fishfinders

gregtobin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm considering an Eagle 640cDF fishfinder for about $450. As a group, the Eagles seem less expensive than Garmin, Hummingbird, or Lowrance when considering the power and dpi.
What am I missing here? I understand that Eagle is made by Lowrance, but why would it be less expensive than the others? Less reliable?

Thanks
Greg

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Eagle vs. other brands of Fishfinders

With the Eagle brand, Lowrance can sell to more price points. Many manufacturers do that. Plenty of people have the opinion that price always gauges quality; not necessarily so. Do your due diligence in researching the item with the features you want at a price you are willing to pay and check the warranty. Added features and the ability to add features will always cost more.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Many times the Eagle brand will have less Power than the like Lowrance product. The 640 C DF has 500 watts of RMS power. That enough power to fish Salt out to around 500 feet and still see fish on the bottom.

I do not belive the 640 C DF has network connectors to tie units together and let them share information.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

My 1996 Eagle Magna III Ultra has been installed on three different boats and is still functioning flawlessly. I wish the two year old PinPoint 7520 I have on the bow was as good.