Help identifying drive

wil7483

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can someone look at these pictures and tell me if they can identify what type it is. It is listed on ebay by a lady who says that she is selling it after the death of her spouse, she has no idea what it is just want to get rid of it. I thought it was an Alpha One but can't tell for sure from the pics.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.boatangel.org/photos/Graham-1988-Sunliner-17wTrailer-FL-photos/FH000002.jpg

http://www.boatangel.org/photos/Graham-1988-Sunliner-17wTrailer-FL-photos/FH000001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help identifying drive

I Don't know what it Is,.......
But,......
I Don't Think it's a Mercruiser.........

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's a Mercruiser "0" drive (zero, not oh) used on those fine Renault 60 and 80 series used in 65 and 66.
Parts are NLA

Sorstrand

Recruit

That is actually a PCM outdrive. Apparently they were made by Volvo back in the day for Pleasurecraft Marine. If you look at the picture you can barely make out the red lettering. I have one on my 1987 Sunliner bowrider.
Not very common at all.

Don S

Just because you can view the archives, doesn't mean you have to answer posts that are over a year old.
Look at the dates, this one was April 3rd, 2007, 06:58 AM

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh c'mon. You're just crabby cuz you were wrong. ;)

Don S

No, I make plenty of mistakes in the present, it just gets old when newbe's post to very old threads on a regular basis. Like QC's post from 10,000 posts ago.

Sorstrand

Recruit

I'll make sure never to do that again.:)
I posted question earlier today regarding that same drive now. Made another newbie mistake and now I have noise coming from the upper gears...... good times.
Right before SeaFair too.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,....

Maybe that Widow Lady still has the boat for sale,+ you can get it for Parts....:D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

No, I make plenty of mistakes in the present, it just gets old when newbe's post to very old threads on a regular basis. Like QC's post from 10,000 posts ago.

That was a classic there:D:D.................pretty close to when QC hit the 10K mark as well.