2 pressure tanks, one hose to motor?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
talked with Joe Reeves, we think it is possible. join both tanks, with a T valve on the air and fuel lines. thus you are running off 1 tank at a time, just prime the tank. no need to run 2 fuel lines to engine. it would be like a permanent mount situation. for my duracraft project boat, 58 35 johnny. anyone ever seen it or tried it.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2 pressure tanks, one hose to motor?

Of course it would be possible. But why? A "Cruiser" fuel system was an original accessory at the time the motor was new and thus does not detract from it's originality. Joe knows how to do it. It just involves installing a fuel pump. Some will argue the originality point, but that's their problem.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

A friend of mine did something like that with his '59 Fat Fifty. it was a bit simpler since the motor had a fuel pump. He had three six gal tanks in the bilge. He connected these thru a three way valve to the motor fule line. The three way selector had a provision to select a fuel sender as well as a tank, and he had three electric fuel level senders, one on each tank and a single gauge in the dash. It was pretty neat, but it was a bit of a pain to fuel the tanks, since they had wires for the senders permantently installed.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i'm going to try it, i've got 2 tanks, all i'm out is a couple of T valves.