Servicing the sport jet 90 gearbox

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice
I have a regal rush with a sport jet 90. While the service manual explains how to service the outdrive while it's out of the boat, it does not tell you how to do it installed in the hull. Has anyone ever service one of this while in the boat?

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Servicing the sport jet 90 gearbox

The only service necessary is changing the lube oil, done by removing the vent and fill plugs.....lube in stator also.

Are you trying to do more than a routine service, you can pull pump components (nozzle, wear ring assembly etc) off then ride plate and get at drive housing as in chapter 5 page 6 of service manual.

What exactly in the "outdrive" do you wish to service, few more details and we'll try to help. Common prob is the impellor/wear ring clearance, is that what you want to check/service?

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Servicing the sport jet 90 gearbox

I want to service the oil in the gear box. The manual tells you to do this with the gear box out of the boat and standing verticaly By filling the box with oil thru the fill plug until it comes out of the vent. My question is how is it done with the gear box install. (laying horizontal?) I bought this boat used and I would like to check the oil level.