need help. 150 johnson won't take throttle

fiddlestix

Cadet
took to the lake give it the gas dies off rebuit carbs. changed gas lines is a vro motor

skynyrdcat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: need help. 150 johnson won't take throttle

Was the rebuilder credible?

You'd have to be a bit more specific, but if it wasn't doing this before the rebuild, and it happens on accelleration, the floats may be set way too low (doesn't keep enough fuel in carb) It shouldn't die, just cut out and permorm badly.
I'm not sure what the acromym VRO stands for, and I'm new to boats, but I know a little about carbs.

1. Why was the carb(s) rebuilt (this condition or something else)? if it were the same thing, the original condition may have been mis-diagnosed.

2. Does it idle ok?

3. Fresh gas, plugs etc?

Let me know more, and I'll be back online later, will be glad to help if I can.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

year model number. with out knowing more i'm gonna say the high speed jets are still clogged. did you adjust or change any of the linkage.

fiddlestix

Cadet

tashasdaddy said:
year model number. with out knowing more i'm gonna say the high speed jets are still clogged. did you adjust or change any of the linkage.
i used carb cleaner in a vat submerge them cleaned all the carbs the floats were measured to spec. didnot change any linkage but it is a 87 has the oil injection system. when you get ready to take off and give it throttle it will slowly come up to1700rpm then die off completely to were you have to restart if you don't back off. will idle great in the water.

stewart

Cadet

it could be that it is fludding at that rpm. make sure that the air filter is clean because if you open the throttle to rev it up but it is starving for air, it will flud and stall out.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

did you pull all the jets, and clean blow out with compressed air, or spray cleaner. bet they are still clogged. the soaking just soften it up so it woulb move.