Just my luck!!!

FLATHEAD

Commander
Archery starts here in two weeks. I have been watching a nice buck for the whole summer at my buddies farm that I hunt. I checked on him every week once or twice, saw him grow an impressive set of antlers ( big wide and high 8 point). The last few weeks I had his pattern down. He was living right where one of my stands is and would walk right past the stand in the morning. I figured my pre season scouting would pay off big time this year. Last night he got hit by a car UGHHHHH :mad: . To add insult to injury someone passing by cut off the rack during the night. Just when you think you got it all figured out WHAM,, you get a kick in the azz.<br /><br />On a side note I have been seeing a lot of very young fawns with spots this late in the year. :confused: Has anyone else noticed this.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Just my luck!!!

think of it from the bucks point of view, spending the next few weeks with an arrow in his azz, or a moment of pain when the car waffled him<br /><br /> :p :p :p <br /><br />teasin, I know ya wouldnt miss with him two feet away

FLATHEAD

Commander

You are right on one account Ray I will never take a shot if I don't think it will be a clean kill. It has been quite a few years since I wounded one that went to suffer an agonizing death. A few years back a buck walked under my stand that was in bad shape, hair falling out skinny and weak. I shot him to put it out of its misery. Turned out he had an arrow embedded in the layer of fat just beneath the skin and was infected. Now as far as a two foot away shot?? I don't think so. I am not one of those that hunt over bait.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Big time bummer, Did it all the way your supposed to and he gets hit by a car :eek: <br /><br />Reminded me of a young fellow of about 15yrs of age. Last year I was down at the big game registration station while everyone was recounting there hunt, someone asked him if he got one he said he was watching a young buck headed his way from across the road on the neighbors field. "It just kept comming and then there was this THUD and I looked up and he had been hit by a Truck." The look on this lads face was enoufgh to know the story was true, Every one busted up laufghing. I still do when I think about him recounting his tale. On a side note he did get a fork later that season.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You reminded us of the time our family hunted a big valley. Six days we'd been fanning out from the camp hut and although we saw plenty of sign we didn't shoot anything. On the 7th day I took my 10 year old daughter for a walk and a big hind waltzed onto the track just 20' in front of us. We kept talking and it just kept looking at us. Finally after a second look it jumped away. <br />I never took a rifle for that walk. Never again!<br />Ross

Link

Rear Admiral

Flint Lock Black Powder<br />My friend Ralph came back to camp for a cup of<br />coffee when a 4 point Bull Elk (4 each side)<br />stepped out in front of him about 20 yards<br />away, as he was pulling the trigger a rain drop<br />landed in the flash pan! That was 20 years ago<br />and since he has always used a cap N ball!

aspeck

Staff member

Watched "The Shootist" last night - maybe it was the same kind of thing there.<br /><br />Had a friend that shot his first deer. It ran down the bank and into the path of a train! Only was able to get a few pieces of fur left! :eek: :eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I got a 180# 13pt irregular on October 20th 1998.<br />Jumped out of the ditch about a quarter mile from my house. Smack. All the neighbors had a pool to see who was going to get him during hunting season. They all hate me now.<br /><br />3 of them even came out to have their picture taken with it??<br /><br />It looks real nice hanging on the wall.