rain? no, RAIN!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Haven't had rain like this since 1992. Both creeks are way over their banks, pecan grove has about 6" of standing water, There is a river running where my drive used to be.

I guess Mom Nature is catching up on my requests over the past few years. Don't know whether to laugh or whine. . . .na, I think I'll laugh.8)

How about you, Muttley?? According to VIPR RADAR this all passed over you a few hours ago.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: rain? no, RAIN!!

Man I got a long weekend of camping and paintballing coming up......I hope it dont come this way JB

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'ts feast or famine, JB - no happy medium :%

Drowned Rat

Captain

Just think of all the pecan pie you can make with your freshly watered pecan trees! 8)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

6 in of heavy wet snow here and we really need it!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Send it here!...Or at least in this general vicinity......

OldMercsRule

Captain

Ya guys want some more rain? (Actually it was nice today; must be that global warmin' I heard 'bout):$8)8) JR

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I wish I could lock this thread.
Seriously....good luck to you.
Our turn will come.....one year.
Cheers
Phillip

rwise

Captain

it has been very dry here also, the rain has been nice, but now we have mud slides (isn't that a drink?)d:)

ehenry

Commander

We're due a rain. Got the garden mostly planted and a good rain is just what it needs. Its been about a month since we've had any.

JB

Just checked the rain guage.

We got 2" last Monday.

4.75" yesterday.

More expected today.

xtraham

Lieutenant

thats a lot of water,
couple years back a friend of mine cought a rock while he was fishing from his front porch.............

salty87

Commander

we had islands popping up in the middle of our lake.

they should be under water soon...

LCRA hydrologists are forecasting Lake Travis to rise to an elevation of about 661 to 663 feet above mean sea level (msl) by this weekend. That is about 7.5 to 9.5 feet above where the lake's level was when rain began falling late last Sunday. At 8:00 a.m. Friday, Lake Travis had already risen by approximately 7.5 feet to an elevation of 661.1 feet msl, which is still more than 10 feet below its average elevation for March. The last time Lake Travis was this high was in June 2006.

still coming down, too

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

just rained here..... enuff to stir things up and make the dust stick to the windsheild... :|

fiddlestix.....

i386

Captain

Could really use some. We're choking on pollen down here. Spring has sprung and in full swing now. It's been in the 80's all week. Rode the motorcycle to work yesterday. Still a little cool in the AM for my taste. I'm going to run out of excuses soon why I haven't gotten the boat out yet or started working on my project boat. I bet I pass 20 bass boats on the way to work every day now. I wonder why they're not launching at daylight. The first fishing spot in the morning is like nothing else on earth to me fish or no. Still trying to get over this cold/bronchitis/sinus infection/ear infection/whatever it's going to evolve into next.

JB

Whine!!:'(

So far today another 6". My drive is now a gully and water is spilling OVER the dams in 2 of my tanks. The dams are a full 24" ABOVE the generous spillways.

Fer cryin' out loud, that is almost 13 inches this week!

And it is still pouring and forcast to continue for several more hours.

Fortunately my house is not in any of the drainage zones.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

xtraham said:
thats a lot of water,
couple years back a friend of mine cought a rock while he was fishing from his front porch.............

8)8)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

We're dry here..........sure could use some to knock this pine pollen down, every thing here's got a yellow tint:/:/

heycods

Captain

Quit gripeing JB, I have an inch and a quarter total for the weekm and the tanks are still dry.:'( :'( :'(

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I was thinking of JB and HC tonight. I seen on the news where Lake Mineral Wells was over the spillway and was happy for ya. I guess HC is not as close to the hideout as I originally thought. Were getting some here too, just enough to mess up my plans, was gonna put in septic tanks in the morning, not anymore. :( Small town not too far from me (Coolidge pop about 250) was on Dallas news today with their rain damage. Lots of trees blown down, cell tower destroyed, etc.