Shift plate mounting assembly

Jsiples

Seaman
I own an '84 Sylvan with an I4 140 HP Merc. I lost reverse and neutral at the end of last year. I have taken off the lower unit and what not. The (lower) shift cable appears to be ok other than at the engine mount. The shift slide looks as far as I can see from pictures to be missing the set screws and possibly a sheath of some sort that you are supposed to crimp? Where the cable comes up it is mounted correctly with the cotter pin, brass barrel, etc. But, the plastic piece that the core goes into seems to be missing these items apparently..... If this is unclear I apologize. I do not know how I lost this part but everything else on the shifting assemby from the rear of the boat all the way to the mount on the engine appears to be fine. My question is do I just need those two or one set screw(s) and sheath to get my neutral and reverse back?

Jsiples

Seaman
Re: Shift plate mounting assembly

Jsiples said:
I own an '84 Sylvan with an I4 140 HP Merc. I lost reverse and neutral at the end of last year. I have taken off the lower unit and what not. The (lower) shift cable appears to be ok other than at the engine mount. The shift slide looks as far as I can see from pictures to be missing the set screws and possibly a sheath of some sort that you are supposed to crimp? Where the cable comes up it is mounted correctly with the cotter pin, brass barrel, etc. But, the plastic piece that the core goes into seems to be missing these items apparently..... If this is unclear I apologize. I do not know how I lost this part but everything else on the shifting assemby from the rear of the boat all the way to the mount on the engine appears to be fine. My question is do I just need those two or one set screw(s) and sheath to get my neutral and reverse back?

Never mind, it appears all I need is the anchor screws to hold the core wire in the cable end guide, apparently they went MIA. Thanks.