Rebuilt 73 115hp runs great!

teslaman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I took the boat yesterday to the lake to start breaking in my rebuilt 73 115 hp Johnson. Running 24:1 fuel ration and following the break-in instructions to the letter, the rebuilt started right up and ran smoothly for two solid hours.

During the second hour I brought the motor to WOT a few times for no longer than a minute, and each time the motor seemed to run smoothly. I've included some before and after pics if the upload successfully. The top left piston on the older motor is the one that burned up (you can barely tell in the photo).

Thanks averyone for all of your help! Hopefully, this rebuild will run for a long time.

Attachments

• before1.JPG
    48 bytes · Views: 0
  • before2.JPG
  • After1.JPG
  • After2.JPG

teslaman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Rebuilt 73 115hp runs great!

Well, I get errors when I click on the pic links. I've never been able to upload pics to this site. Anyone have any suggestions? I've compressed the pics, their ~ 25 KB each.

tschamp20

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for rubbing it in!j/k

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

load your pictures to photobucket, then clik the small box under the pictures you want to post, go to the bottom of the page, clik generate HTLM. it will go to another page, about the 3rd section down it will say thumb nails for message boards, clik the box, and copy. then when posting in the forum, at the end of the post just paste the HTML, and click add reply. this is the easiest way to post pictures.

teslaman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, here is another crack at the images.

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

You can see here that the piston was molten.

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

Hopefully I'll get it back on the lake this weekend!

teslaman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Rebuild before & after pics uploaded successfully!

Rebuild before & after pics uploaded successfully!

Thanks for the instructions on how to upload pics!

The first three pics show the old motor including the damaged piston.

The last two show the rebuild.

The rebuild ran great last Sunday. I ran the motor for two solid hours while following the break-in procedure.