dum a$$ drivers

itwontletmein

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i'm working in va about 20 miles from dc. and vdot has been allover our butts since we got here.
well yesterday some lady hit our 4 weeler wiped out the side of her car and speed off the guy behind her was trying to get her lic # and she ran 2 red lights to get away. i mean we had signs out. a light board and ornge barrels.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: dum a$$ drivers

Lived there for almost 5 years Iwon't, keep your eyes open. They'll run your butt over in a heartbeat.

I remember one morning in 98 or so when a semi hauling black powder overturned on 95 where it meets 395 and 495. They cleared all three expressways for a 1 mile radius. ALL traffic was diverted onto route 1 or other north south arteries. It took me 5 hours to get to Arlington from Lakeridge. (17 miles)

You get some time off, go to Old Town Alexandria and find Pat Troy's Irish Pub. They don't make pubs like that anymore.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

This area is infested with uninsured motorists, the majority of those are mexicans who have never driven (much less, owned) a vehicle before. It's a deadly combination.

xtraham

Lieutenant

you will not find any worse drivers in the world that travel rt 495, rt 695, and rt95, around the Maryland DC area,
especially around the Woodrow Wilson bridge area,

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

you will not find any worse drivers in the world that travel rt 495, rt 695, and rt95, around the Maryland DC area,

Hey, leave Frog out of this!......:)

xtraham

Lieutenant

Haut said:

Hey, leave Frog out of this!......:)

I am pretty sure froggy will agree with me on this one
Mr haut.....................;)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Gabby said:
You get some time off, go to Old Town Alexandria and find Pat Troy's Irish Pub. They don't make pubs like that anymore.

No sir, they don't make em like that anymore. I love that place! Be sure to check out the pictures of Reagan seated at the bar!

Another great place is Tim's Rivershore if the sun is out.

As far as the drivers... are they actually driving? It seems like every one just points and floors it.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

RF, I could tell some stories about TIm's. I used to keep my boat slipped in Belvoirs Marina and run down river past the Occoquan, Leesylvania park JUST to get to TIms.

FYI, I haven't heard the unicorn song since the last time in Pat Troys a few years back.

You ever go across the river from Tim's to the Maryland side and head back into Matowoman creek? Great place.

Happy sailing.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

My sister lived in DC for a few years. I hated the drive to visit her. That darned beltway was more of a race track than a highway.

studlymandingo

Commander

I lived in DC for a while; now I'm in Saint Pete FL. Pretty insane here during Snowbird season... Right turn from the left-hand lane with no signal is a very common occurence.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Just an observation - everybody grumbles about the "dum a$$(sic)" drivers, but I've never met one. I mean, of all the posters on this forum for example, statistically, there has to be at least one. Who are you? Speak up and identify yourself. Or is everyone here the perfect driver?8)

aspeck

Staff member

I'm one! At least that is almost the words my wife uses! he won't let me drive in the US for about a week after returning from Ghana - till I get the "Ghana Mode" out of me. Then she says I am safe to be on the road ... :^8)

puddle jumper

Captain

Thats one thing i like aout a small town.Two cars at the same intersection is what we call a trafic jam.d:)