Who repaired rotted transom? I am getting ready to...

car5car

Seaman
I found out that transom is so bad I am afraid to sell a boat. I found some info on inet like a Seacast mix etc. I think it is a top level job and if you do that nothing is scary anymore in boat problems.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Who repaired rotted transom? I am getting ready to...

get out the grinder, mask, and goggles, start cutting it out for the inside, do not penetrate the outer skin. stringers in the stearn are also probably bad.you may have to separate the upper and lower hull. there are many post here on transom and stringer replacement. use the search function at the bottom of the page.

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Who repaired rotted transom? I am getting ready to...

Must be in the air Brother.I removed my old OMC seadrive ,and went out yesterday to grind out where I needed to fill in a few holes,like a 4 in in dia. and a 6x6.Thats when the TERMITES showed.The whole trnsom is loaded.the hull also has an inner liner,I have to figure the easiest and least laborsome way to remove part of the liner so I can get it back in.I'm also hoping that the stringers are at least fixable and arent loade to the bow,otherwise it may become a reef.I have been reading about the seacast,material.I Hope I can figure a way to utilize it,the layout of my hull is tricky,but that stuff seems like a gift.good luck.