Backflusher? Is it good?

Rudy Brown

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Backflusher? Is it good?

I dont think that thing would ever deliver the water volume you would need to properly flush the motor. I wouldnt use it on my motor, I'll stick to the old fashioned way and use muffs.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i think it's another gimmick to get your money. who would want the ugly yellow thing, hanging like a hemmoriod off the engine. if you get enough crud in the cooling system the regular flush kit won't clear, you need the pull the thermostat and lower unit to clean it out. and replace the impeller. total complete waste of money.

tashasdaddy

besides you can build one in the home depot plumbing dept for $6.00. actually i think they have the same thing only called and ice maker connection, female hose connector on one side, barb connector on the other.

Bruce San

Petty Officer 1st Class

Snake oil. Flushing through the tell tale? Think about the diameter of that little hose. How much water you gonna get through that?

ccnstlr

Seaman

Did ya see the stream of water coming out of his hull? I hope it was raining. 8)

Bruce San

Petty Officer 1st Class

No that was the "hull flusher" it screws into the bow light. " no more messy soap and water just attach your garden hose and turn it on." :devil:

ddennis

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bruce said:
No that was the "hull flusher" it screws into the bow light. " no more messy soap and water just attach your garden hose and turn it on." :devil:

CRAP that was MY idea! :}

tashasdaddy

i sent him a question why is water coming out of the hull? here's his response "It rained here. I was draining a boat out. That is not the discharge from the flusher." good engineer, let the plug in.