Now if it just had a trolling motor and a livewell...

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Now if it just had a trolling motor and a livewell...

Geezz. Dumb druggie! They could have spend less then 40K for a Stratos or Skeeter with ONE 250hp Evinrude HO or E-tec. Either one of those set up would do 80 plus mph. I think that boat could do better then 70 mph hours, unlike what the article said.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

But would a Stratos or Skeeter carry a 1,100 lb. payload (drugs + 2 people) at that speed?

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

BoatBuoy said:
But would a Stratos or Skeeter carry a 1,100 lb. payload (drugs + 2 people) at that speed?

How much do four fat guys way? :%

gonefishie

Commander

BoatBuoy said:

Well, I don't know about 1100lbs but with myself+ the guy behind the wheel of a Stratos Pro 201XL (we're skinny guy with combine weight about 350lbs)+50 gallons of gas+fishing gears. We smoked across lake Erie at gps reading of 83 mph.

xtraham

Lieutenant

gonefishie said:
BoatBuoy said:

Well, I don't know about 1100lbs but with myself+ the guy behind the wheel of a Stratos Pro 201XL (we're skinny guy with combine weight about 350lbs)+50 gallons of gas+fishing gears. We smoked across lake Sinclair at gps reading of 83 mph.

try that in 6/8 foot seas, in a Skeeter or Stratos......;)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

xtraham said:
gonefishie said:
BoatBuoy said:

Well, I don't know about 1100lbs but with myself+ the guy behind the wheel of a Stratos Pro 201XL (we're skinny guy with combine weight about 350lbs)+50 gallons of gas+fishing gears. We smoked across lake Sinclair at gps reading of 83 mph.

try that in 6/8 foot seas, in a Skeeter or Stratos......;)

Sounds like something deejaycee would do!