$600 oops

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I went and picked up our new stove,dishwasher and microwave vent hood today and when coming home I hit a huge pot hole doing about 60 and the stove said see ya. It dumped out in the middle of I44 in tulsa and not one person hit it(thank god). when I got home I unboxed it and none of the glass (smooth surface electric) was broken. there is a dent on the top and a very little road rash thats about it I will have to wait to hook it up and keep my fingers crossed. It was tied in with straps but when I hit the pot hole they had to of dropped. My wife said not to let it bother me then goes on how we will just call them and say it was damaged when we unboxed it. I said explain the road rash to them. we will just have a parts unit if it doesn't work.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: $600 oops

Coulda beeen worse. Coulda been a vintage Chris Craft. On my way to work some years back, I saw a fully restored wooden Chrissy a few yards into a freshly plowed farm field. The driver must've swerved suddenly on the curve and the boat apparently barrel-rolled right off the trailer. By the distance I'd say it rolled two or three times. It was a commercial hauling truck, probably not the owner of the boat.

You might check with your homeowner's and auto insurance. But the deductable will probably kill you.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

jimr - if you contact the manufacturer direct, it's a good possibility they will send you any parts you need to fix it up gratis. They want to keep happy customers & don't ask many questions.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

jimr - if you contact the manufacturer direct, it's a good possibility they will send you any parts you need to fix it up gratis. They want to keep happy customers & don't ask many questions.

LubeDude

Admiral

If you bought it on a credit card in might be covered!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

LubeDude said:
If you bought it on a credit card in might be covered!

Good point LubeDude! Certainly worth a check to see.

jimr

Wow I talked to the manager at home depot where I have bought everything and told her what happened and she said when i get it hooked if ANYTHING doesn't work to call the appliance department and they will send a repairman at no cost to fix it. i guess spending in the ball park of 15 grand with them has its benifits. we will wait and see. I will be installing the outlets and lights tomorrow and want to sneak it in past the wife and try it out. will let you know.

rwise

Captain

Good no one hit it or got hurt from it! The winter blast we had took its toll on the roads here in the Tulsa area. Some here would say take pictures of the pot hole and make a claim with the state, to much trouble for me. I hit one of them (pot holes) with my car and bent the belts in a tire :/ 59k miles on them and I was going to put new tires on anyway, still sucks! Anyway good luck with it jimr. And for those of you coming through the Tulsa area, watch those holes some are huge and it'll be at least 5 years before they can all be fixed! :/ The one I hit was patched within the hour :/

jimr

well i hooked it up this morning and everything works like it should now just straighten some sheet metal and a little touch up paint

hillca74

Seaman Apprentice

WillyBWright said:
Coulda beeen worse. Coulda been a vintage Chris Craft.

Eeek. I think a shiver ran down my spine reading your post, Willy B. I can't even imagine.

aspeck

Staff member

Glad it all worked out and no one was hurt. I have found that most stores, if you are honest with them, will go the extra mile to keep a customer happy. It is when you start to tell stories and lose your credibility that you get left out in the cold.

jimr

here is the damage

100_0971.jpg

this is what we started with
100_0915.jpg

and this is what the cabinets look like
100_0998.jpg

100_0997.jpg