Finally, good use of your hard earned tax dollars...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Finally, good use of your hard earned tax dollars...

I bet ya ten bucks that the brat won't ride his dirt bike on the sidewalk again...

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Let's hope they didn't just create a new criminal. The boy will obviously never have a good opinion of law enforcement again. IMHO.

Maybe the next time the Grand Imperial Governor exceeds the speed limit by 1mph ... well, lock his lawbreaking butt up. :|

NealLauderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If that was my kid it would be the first time I ever beat the heck out of a cop!

tommays

Admiral

Well maybe around you guys nothing has happened

BUT around here those 7 year old and up kids are killing themselves riding into the sides of cars on a pretty regular basis when they U-turn out into traffic

I sure you would be thrilled if he hit and killed your child because we all know how qualified 7 year olds are to be dirt biking on side walks

Then there is the current 16 year old genius that was stopped buy a DEC officer and than ran him down trying to get away

He is now facing some serious assault charges

It’s a big problem they have been illegal here for almost 20 years on public land and Mom and Dad set a great example buying junior a dirt bike and then taking him down to a place they know is illegal to ride it

It sets a great example about NOT obeying the laws you don’t like

And yes I have owned many dirt bikes going back to CZ black and red frame series and have ridden IN MANY EVENTS LEGALY

Tommays

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, as usual, there are a couple of underlying local issues at work here - ignored by the national news report.

There has been an on-going problem with "dirt bike gangs" in the city for some time. Riding dirt bikes within Baltimore City is illegal - in some areas they are the #1 complaint from residents. Dirt bikes - with small kids driving - have been used in drug traffic. So police can confiscate them whenever they see them if they so choose. Police are under directive not to "chase" the bikes since there have been bad accidents involving kids fleeing the pursuing officers, so they have to deal with them mostly when they see them standing still.

Police supervision is not the greatest. There are very young officers being supervised by others who only have limited street experience (sometimes only 1 or 2 yrs more than the officers they supervise). It is no secret that the BPD is lacking at leadership positions (ever seen The Wire)?

IMHO, kid's mother should have been hauled in since she knows riding is illegal (or if she doesn't - ignorance of the law is no excuse) & let the kid do it anyway.

sid the squid

Seaman

Whats wrong with some of you taking the side of the kid that was breaking the law and the worthless parent that enabled him. I had dirt bikes as a kid and had to push it about a half mile to ride it. My dad would have killed me if I had gotten caught riding it on the street. He never would have tried to blame the cop that busted me for my actions.But I guess that is why there are so many problems with young folks today, no one feels that they are responsible for their actions.

ehenry

Commander

Whats a 7 year old doing with a dirt bike in the city anyway? A sure fire way to get him hurt or killed quick ! Its obvious that he was on the thing unsupervised. The cops should have confiscated the bike but I dont think they should have arrested and cuffed him just for sitting on the bike on the sidewalk. If thats what actually happened.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The mother reported everything to the press. The cops didn't have much say in that report. So what you read was mostly a distraught mother's account. I'm sure she wouldn't exagerate the real circumstances. Never.

I'm not advocating excessive force or police brutality, but as usual, the press reports "one" side and everyone takes it as gospel. There's always two sides. Perhaps we should wait before passing judgement. I've read that somewhere before...

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Somebody should spank that brat, slap his mother and give the cop a medal :devil: