Looking for ANY Info on Sunbird Prowler I Bass Boat.

japeeler

Recruit
Hello All. I am new to this forum and a new boat owner.
I was given a 1991 Sunbird Prowler I 16.5' Bass Boat (V-Hull/Fibreglass). Everything is in GREAT Condition. What I am lloking for are the: Ooccupancy Cpacities, Gas Tank Capacities, Electrical Diagrams - just abou Anything I could get on it. I took it out on it's Maiden Voyage (For me, that is) this weekend, and have some minor glitches in keeping the engine running/at speed.
I have an Evinrude 70HP (1991), 3-Cyl O/B with Trim.
I have already had to replace several Electrical Items: Bilge Pump, Battery, Power Cabling to the FIsh Finder and the Lights (Anch/Nav). I have also had to replace almost all the switches on the dashboard - Bilge/Curtousey and Anch/Nav. (All were a little corroded, etc) The Hull is in Great Shape (No real blemishes or nicks, etc.) The Rubber Bumper Surround is all gone, exposing the Top Cap rivets, etc. I do have some SMall cracking int he TOP Cap section in various places. I will have to replace ALL Carpet, etc. mainly redo the top cap section of boatd as far as cosmetics goes, etc. Thanks for ANY help on what I am getting myself into! I don't mind the REWORK, etc. and am NOT scared to do anything.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking for ANY Info on Sunbird Prowler I Bass Boat.

You've only got two realistic chances of finding literature on that boat. 1. Find another owner with the same boat who has the book, or, 2. Get REAL lucky and find an owners manual on ebay.

The engine is a different story..........

You can get a factory service manual a few places.like ebay, kencook or marineengine.com. The service manual is a lot better than the generics as far as engine specific info goes.

Sunbird went under in 2000 so you can't get any info from them anymore.

The rubber is still available