1994 60hp mercury outboard tilt/trim

LSU0460

Cadet
I need to know if someone knows how to remove the tilt/trim cyclinder from motor. Looks like a pin but will not drive out and it has slot for big flat head but want turn any suggestion.

LSU0460

Cadet
Re: 1994 60hp mercury outboard tilt/trim

okay I got it off never mind on this question. Now can anyone tell me where I may purchase a new assembly for this older model?

RG Phx

Recruit

LSU0460 said:
okay I got it off never mind on this question. Now can anyone tell me where I may purchase a new assembly for this older model?

RG Phx

Recruit

I had a similar post asking about the availability of repair kits for the trim cylinder for my 94 60hp merc that is leaking fluid out the top of the cylinder. I didn't get any responses though. If I have to buy a cylinder, I would be interested in your experience.
Were you able to buy just the cylinder?
If so, where and how much?
How did you end up getting the old one off (pin removal?
Thanks

Laddies

Banned

Yes you remove the small drive pins to get the large cyl mounting pins out. For parts goto BAM Marine parts site with the serial number you will have to decide which kit you need or if you want to spring for a cyl

LSU0460

Cadet

RG said:
I had a similar post asking about the availability of repair kits for the trim cylinder for my 94 60hp merc that is leaking fluid out the top of the cylinder. I didn't get any responses though. If I have to buy a cylinder, I would be interested in your experience.
Were you able to buy just the cylinder?
If so, where and how much?
How did you end up getting the old one off (pin removal?
Thanks

LSU0460

Cadet

Hey I found a place that will rebuild my cyclinder for it is a hrydraulic repair place and I found a place that can rebuild my motor also, so check these places in your area for this since in will only cost me about 150.00 bucks which is cheap compared to buying a whole assembly from mercury dealers, I did find a used one online but not sure it is a match for 425.00. Try these places in your area though a they maybe able to rebuild for you. The motor place is a starter/alternator shop for DC motors. Thanks

Ridin_drag

Recruit

I need to know if someone knows how to remove the tilt/trim cyclinder from motor. Looks like a pin but will not drive out and it has slot for big flat head but want turn any suggestion.

How did you end up getting that pin out? I'm having a heck of a time with it. Thanks for any help you can offer.