SeaPro Owners Lets post here!

Frugal Floater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Iboats had a good idea creating separate forums for select boat manufacturers...Yea this forum does not get feedback very often, but lets get the SeaPro forum rolling...I know this would have been great when I was deciding whether or not to purchase a SeaPro. With that said....

I purchased a SeaPro 180cc (17'6") center console with a 90HP Yamaha 2-stroke. I fished with this boat in the Chesapeake and recently in the fresh water areas near my current home. Overall, this boat is awesome! Here are my only 5 complaints:

1. Anchor compartment hatch seems like an afterthought and does not latch the lid properly in waves
2. Only rust I found is forming under starboard seat threads
3. Access to transom for kicker motor is restricted to main outboard fuel line rubber boot.
4. Rear rod holders are a bit far back and would be nice to have a different angle than the holders towards the front.
5. Center rear bench seat is awesome, but cushions are not removable (new models got rid of rear center seat..why?)

Overall I am most impressed by the boat's ability to get in real shallow spots while handling small waves fairly well. Also I like the lightweight design and very quick plane ability. Would purchase another one!

boling

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: SeaPro Owners Lets post here!

I got the 180cc also. Mine has a 115hp Johnson 2-stroke. So far, I've been pleased. Same basic complaints as above plus access to the transom area behind the livewells.

Some staples around the seat cushions are coming out.
Hinge screws loosen by themselves,
Center latch for console storage comes apart if touched by anything other than the door.
Console leaks

Captain's chairs + 15in. no-tilt wheel makes access to console storage difficult.

Handling is a bit of a challenge above 40mph.

But, this is my first boat, I've nothing to compare it to.

Chris

FishTracker

Recruit

Hello, just purchased a SV1900cc and so far I am happy with it, I would have like to have an owners manual, but I haven't had any luck searching the web. Is Sea Pro still in business? I heard they were bought out by someone else. Thanks and take care, FT

huntNfish99

Recruit

Just bought a Sea Pro 1900sv and will pick up my new boat this coming week. Extremely anxious to get the boat with all this nice weather were having here. Looking forward to being a new boat owner.

Along with a trolling motor installed for quick release we also had the center rear bench seat installed along with the cushions for the front.

How important is a fuel water seperator if I am not going to be fueling at any marinas? I had heard that if I pull my fuel from regular gas stations I didn't have to worry about recieving bad fuel as much.

Any advice and suggestions for a new boat owner is appreciated. Never owned a boat other than a canoe so this ones a new experience for me.

FishTracker

Recruit

I bought mine used, but I was told and this makes sense. The fuel sep can help not only at marinas, but in places where the water table is high. I believe someone told me that many gas stations around bodies of water may have water seep into their tanks because of the water table, this would probably occur over many years, but it did make sense. Did you get a owners manual with your boat? I have been searching all over the web for someone that can provide me a manual with no luck. I have had my 1900 out twice now and I really love it compared to my bass tracker.

huntNfish99

Recruit

If all goes well, meaning the world doesn't end I should be picking the boat up this week.

I figured an owners manual will come with the boat, Regardless I will definitely make sure to get it when I get the boat. Have you given the Sea Pro company in SC to see if they have any that they can send you? If not let me know and I will see about scanning mine into a PDF.

Thanks for the info on water seep, wouldn't have thought about that one. I think I may just install a fuel sep just to be safe. Outboards are expensive, fuel seps aren't.

Sure am looking forward to getting my boat, especially afer many of the reviews that I have read, and also with this great weather were having.

FishTracker

Recruit

I had mine out today and it was a blast. Cought a few whites and only one hybrid. WOT today was right at 40. I have tried finding a number for the company in SC but have only found a dealer, not the actual company. Let me know when you get the manual if its worth me searching for it. Thanks and I think you'll enjoy the boat. Where did you buy it from and did you have anything put on it? Take Care, Larry

huntNfish99

Recruit

Not a problem will let you know if the OM is worth the time.

I was able to get the number to the plant in SC off of their webpage a couple weeks ago. We talked with them when we were researching the boat.

We had a couple things placed on; cushions for the front, rear bench seat, depth finder, and a trolling motor. We decided against the bimini top, basically thinking was it would get in the way for fishing.

We bought the boat at Goosecreek Marina in NC. In my opinion the guys there are the best around NC. They really took good care of us.

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

I just bought a 1997 Sea Pro 190 WA with a 115 Johnny, awesome boat. Been working on boats and outboards my whole life, professionaly for a lot of years. Here's my advice:

A fuel/water separator is an absolute neccesity on any boat, it doens't have as much to do with where you fill up and if they have water in their tanks, it has more to do with the water that finds it's way into your tank, through condensation.

Fuel sits in the tank in the hot sun and expands, the air in the tank vents through the vent on the side of your boat, when it gets colder later on in the evening/night the fuel and air contract and air is pulled in through the vent, in that air is moisture and when it hits the cold tank it condenses, and drips down right into your nice new "clean" fuel.

With Ethanol fuel being pretty much everywhere, the problem has gotten even worse, because the ethanol actually draws water in, so rather than the water sitting on the bottom of your tank, which isn't great either, it's mixed right in with the gas. This is the first reason a filter is so crucial.

The second function of that filter is simply a fuel filter for regular old crap in your fuel, same as in your car. There are all kinds of things that get pumped into your tank when you fill up, that gas has been transferred 5 or 6 times before you finally buy it, it's been in and out of who knows where. Also after a while your fuel tank builds up or "grows" all kinds of stuff on the walls and floor of it, this inevitably ends up in your fuel and needs to be filtered out before getting into your carbs or injectors.

So as I said up top, a fuel/water separator is ABSOLUTELY neccesary. No two ways about, especially now more than ever.

I think Sea Pro uses palstic fuel tanks for the most part, they are the best, metal is good too, but after a while that water takes it's toll on it. If you have a fiberglass tank, or ever look at a boat with one, that is no good. The Ethanol tends to delaminate the resin on it and guess where it goes, straight into your engine.....or hopefully your fuel/water separator, it will clog it pretty bad, but it's better than clogging your carb and burning a piston.

Hope this helps.

kavika

Seaman

1997 23.5 WA just got 225 4 cycle Yamaha boy is it a great OB!

Have had a lot of fun with the boat

Team AppDev

Recruit

Headed to NC this weekend to pickup my new 270 CC with twin 225 Optimax. Look forward to some active posts here.

brown2501

Recruit

need help I AM LOOKING AT A 1989 24' SEA PRO I/O
ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFULL

SHOULD BUY OR NOT ANY THING SPECIAL TO LOOK FOR OR LOOK OUT FOR

THANKS

Oreo

Recruit

Hello everyone from the Marsh in South Louisiana. Boat info listed in sig.

sbseapro19

Recruit

Hello fellow SeaPro owners,
I just bought an older 1999 SeaPro 19' CC with a Johnson 130 hp Ocean Pro. I have been fishing with a friend of mine on his 18' SeaPro in 2-4 chop in the Chesapeake Bay and was very impressed with his boat, so I found my 19' and bought it. I've had mine out a couple of times this year and am very happy with the boat.
A couple of things to echo from the earlier posts. I as well as my friend with 18' both have anchor hatches popping open while under way - very annoying! there seems to be some water coming in the boat somewhere but have not found where, but after being out on the water for about 1 hour I turn bilge on and get about a cup of water, and after putting it on trailer and turn it on , I get another cup of water. My friend ended up siliconing all of his ports except his hull drain...I am still optimistic I will find where the water is coming from..probably just from backing up and water comes into the livewell hole.

Overall I think SeaPro makes a great boat for the price and runs well in both shallow and deep water.

Enjoyed reading all the posts. Keep it going.

sbseapro19

m miles

Recruit

I have a SV2100 with a Yamaha F150 on back. Boat does very well and I haven't had any problems with it until now, the fuel gauge quit. I bought the boat new in 05 so thats not to bad.

For the money I don't think I could have done any better.

reakin havoc

Recruit

Just purchased a 2100 cc bay boat w\150 yamaha 4 stroke. I LOVE IT!!!!:)
It is big enought to go in the ocean, and floats in skinny water for fishing in the rivers!!! It has plenty of power and tops out at 45 mph!! Very pleased with my purchase!!! Also got a six year warrantee on the motor, and Yamaha gave me a $750.00 shopping spree at the dealership!!!

David B.

Seaman Apprentice

I,ve had a 1999 180cc for about 5 years and I like it. I added a trolling motor to the bow which helped a lot in catcing fish. I like the way I can go out into the chesapeake and fish for Stripers or go into a shallow 2' deep creek and catch Bass. It doesn,t handle rough conditions as well as some of the more expensive boats, but it does well enough where it doesn,t justify paying the extra cost. one of my biggest complaints is how you have to manuver around the helm and passenger seat when you move from the bow to the stern. sometimes I have a bad back and it can be tough twisting my body to get around them, also my gas tank developed a hole on top (I have a thread about that on this board) but over all I like it:D
VG88xqnl7+LsFDl0KwS-bynluG7oClHr0300.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Water Runner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am the proud owner of a 195 FS. I have used it for fishing and sking and have been happy with it so far. It did take me a while to get the prop figured out but otherwise all has been good. :cool:

guschilds

Recruit

2007 SeaPro 186CC
So far so good. Run the North East River and Susquehana Flats area of the Chesepeake.
Installed a leaning post and wakeboard tower.
So far so good, steering is a little stiff though.
Runs through the shallows great.Copy of DSC03168.JPG