Anybody ever bought a mattress from Costco/Sams

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander
They got 'em for about $400 for a full with a box spring and I'm seriously considering replacing ours. Any opinion on their quality? Thanks

spots

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Anybody ever bought a mattress from Costco/Sams

I don't know anything about the Costco/Sams stuff, but IMHO you get what you pay for and since its something that you use everynight its worth the $ to get something good.

I have had great luck with closeout stuff. If you look around you can get a $1200 mattress for $500.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I bought my memory foam mattress (only, not a set) from Sam's. Think I paid about $300 for it.

Very happy with it.

tommays

Admiral

You still have to know what your buying i shop a lot at costco and NOT everything is a bargin OR the same

For example there is DC 14 Vacume model that is made for Costco it has a cheeper cord and other small differences than the normal model

They also make one for Best Buy , Sears , and Target

Tommays

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

tommays said:
You still have to know what your buying i shop a lot at costco and NOT everything is a bargin OR the same

For example there is DC 14 Vacume model that is made for Costco it has a cheeper cord and other small differences than the normal model

They also make one for Best Buy , Sears , and Target

Tommays

Don't doubt your specifics Tommays, but generally I find Costco, in particular, to carry the better quality items with longer warranties, all at a very favorable price.

I'm sure there are exceptions.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

i got a serta from sams 1 year ago
it has a 3 year warranty and i'm very happy

tommays

Admiral

Lets just say that the Costco Doc Martins are made in China :) and the shoe store still sells the real ones

I buy most everything there BUT not with my eyes closed

And in March a lot of that forever stuff is going down to 90 days still the best but gotta keep up

Tommays

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

I was going to buy a mattress from Costco but I couldn't figure out what I would do with the other 7 that come in the box...8)

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

They have one of those memory foam mattresses too but I have young children and I have nightmares of them wizzin on a 80lb sponge that I sleep on.

I don't really know what to look for regarding quality in a mattress. The one I have now is over 25 years old and the box spring is broke in half and is held up with 2x4s and a floor jack (yes, I'm a redneck) so anything feels better than what I've got... Is there something that I should look for that would be a "red flag"? Thanks.

spots

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Man that was funny...

In all seriousness, buy the absolute best mattress you can afford. There are few things in life as satisfying as a really nice mattress. I have heard that the memory foam mattresses are hot, i.e. if you are prone to waking up warm, kicking off covers, etc. forget about them. On the other hand, you can set a glass of wine on one end and then jump up and down without spilling it. My mattress is one of the tall, double pillow top types (Restonic) with some tremendous warranty. I've had it for 5 years and it's holding up great.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

"There are few things in life as satisfying as a really nice mattress."

-you've never broken a box spring.8)

spots

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

tommays said:
And in March a lot of that forever stuff is going down to 90 days still the best but gotta keep up

Tommays

This is how rumors get started. In March, Costco is going to limit their unconditional return of electronic goods to 90 days. Their warranties will either remain the same or increase in duration.

Costco found that with the fast dropping prices of various televisions, people were returning them 9 months later for the original purchase price, then turning around and buying the same thing at the lower price.

Many referred to it as Costco's free upgrade program.

A while back, I bought my dad a 27" television. The remote receptor quit after 1 1/2 years. Costco had given a two year, inhouse, warranty on it. So they came out and fixed it for free. That same TV, everywhere else had a 90 day inhouse and one year, you drag it in, warranty. All for the purchase price of $227.00.

My dad is 96 years old. Guess who would have had to drag that TV to the service center?

Pony

Rear Admiral

I agree that some of those pillow top ones are too hot. My girlfried just bought a new queen size mattress and box spring with one and it is just too warm for me. Its perfect for her.......too hot for me. She bought it because it had 3 support zones and her back gives her problems.

Personally I will stick with my King size watterbed until they stop making the mattresses for them. It takes up a lot of the room.....3ft tall on its pedastal, 10ft x 11ft with the head board......

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

It's funny you say that about a waterbed. I used to have one when I was in college. To this day I think it's the most comfortable bed I ever had, and it was always the right temperature. I wonder why they fell "out of fashion". There used to be waterbed stores everywhere. Now, I can't even think of any around here...

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

Bought a Full size Serta from Sams, for the Motor Home. No complaints.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

CN said:
"There are few things in life as satisfying as a really nice mattress."

-you've never broken a box spring.8)

spots

Just the thought of how that might have happened has got me in stitches. :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

bjcsc said:
It's funny you say that about a waterbed. I used to have one when I was in college. To this day I think it's the most comfortable bed I ever had, and it was always the right temperature. I wonder why they fell "out of fashion". There used to be waterbed stores everywhere. Now, I can't even think of any around here...

I think it is VERY comfortable, but I could never sleep well on a really firm mattress anyways.

I will say this........dont fall asleep on one after working in the garage. I had a few drywall screws in my pocket and I woke up from that nap in a pool............