Anyone using any of the smokless 2 cyc oils like opti?

Hello,
I am new to baoting. I just got a 1987 Bayliner Cuddy with the Force 85 on it. I have been out a few times on the Lake, and on the Columbia river.......so far, so good. The engine smokes like any other 2 cycle does (nothing too excessive). I was wondering if anyone is using any of the smokless oils out there, like Opti.

Thanks for any input,
Paul

1730V

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone using any of the smokless 2 cyc oils like opti?

I have gone synthetic and never looked back. It still smokes but a whole lot less.

I just bought some Quicksilver synthetic, I will give it a run tomorrow. I see that the Opti isn't for outboards.

Paul

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Thank-you for reading the labels. Opti oil is not for pre-mixing. Your choice should be a good one. :)

I have run through the first tank with the quicksilver synthetic...........I'm a believer!

Paul

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anyone using any of the smokeless 2 cycle oils like opti?

Re: Anyone using any of the smokeless 2 cycle oils like opti?

I use the Pennzoil blend and definitely notice less smoke....

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I've used Cabela's semi-synthetic for years but have switched to Pennzoil Synthetic blend this year as Cabela's has simply become too expensive. I'm certainly not a cheapskate but Pennzoil at WalMart was $7.00 a gallon so I cleaned them out. They have since restocked with a newly labeled Pennzoil blend called XMF(??). Don't know what they changed other than the label but it is now $12.00/gallon where the stuff I bought had originally been $11.00.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

I noticed the same thing as Silvertip at my local WalMart. A week ago the Pennzoil Synthetic blend was reduced to $2.50/gallon. I purchased the last 5 gallons on the shelf. The other WalMart's in my area still have the regular price. Been waiting to see what my WalMart restocks with. My oil supply should last a couple years.

seedpws

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Can you use these on a 66 33hp evinrude?