Why I quit bar hopping with my father...

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - A tour group of U.S. senior citizens fought off a group of muggers in Costa Rica, killing one of the assailants, police said Thursday.

The tourists’ bus was held up by three men armed with a gun and knife in the Caribbean coastal town of Limon after the group arrived on a cruise ship Wednesday, said Limon police chief Luis Hernandez.

Hernandez said a retired U.S. serviceman whom officials estimated was in his 70s put one of the attackers — aged 20 — in a headlock and broke his clavicle.

After the other two assailants fled, the tourists drove the injured man to the local Red Cross branch where he was declared dead.

Authorities said they did not plan to file charges against the tourists, who left on their cruise ship after the incident. Hernandez declined to give their names or hometowns.

“They were in their right to defend themselves after being held up,” he said.

Jeez Dad,
Guy makes little joke about your thinning hair line and this is what happens....

JRJ

Commander
Re: Why I quit bar hopping with my father...

Gotta be a movie there. Good for the 'ol guy8)8)8)8)

crunch

Commander

There is a reason why the "old Bull" has a harem and the young bulls do without. :p

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

8) That'll teach 'em!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

What was that movie, a few years back, with Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas and I don't remember the third?

Kinda reminds me of that.

OldMercsRule

Captain

GREAT STORY 8)8)8) Unrelated to this Great story. I liked the movie with Denzel Washington where the Mexican Industrialist had his own daughter kidnapped n' ol Denzel, (the little girl's body guard) took em all out. GREAT MOVIE, (based on a true story), can't remember the name think it had "Fire" in the name o' the movie. JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

Yep I think that's it Great movie!!!8)8)

Boomyal said:
What was that movie, a few years back, with Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas and I don't remember the third?

Kinda reminds me of that.

Tough Guys, don't know what third guy are refering to but Dana Carvey was the parole officer.

Bondo

Staff member

Well,...... 1 Thing for Danm Sure,....

That retired serviceman Ain't No Liberal...........

None of that,"Sit Tight, Do as they Say,+ Call the Cops" there.........

That's a Lesson in Life that's been Lost by the Liberals,......

Take Care of Yourself........................:love:

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Different world down there. Here, there'd be homicide charges by the state & wrongful death civil suit by the perp's family filed by now. Fear of that makes most people stay out of the action - regardless of their particular political persuasion.

OldMercsRule

Captain

stevieray said:
Different world down there. Here, there'd be homicide charges by the state & wrongful death civil suit by the perp's family filed by now. Fear of that makes most people stay out of the action - regardless of their particular political persuasion.

YUP

Bondo

Staff member

edit