Heroes And Cowards

KaGee

Admiral
New York Sun
By ALICIA COLON
February 20, 2007
Corporal Thomas Saba was buried in the Moravian Cemetery on Staten Island last Friday. One of seven Marines killed when their helicopter was shot down in Iraq on February 7, Saba, 30, enlisted in the spring of 2002 in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. He extended his five-year tour by five months so that he could go with his squadron to Iraq.

It is absolutely amazing how America can continue to produce heroes such as Saba while electing cowardly politicians who mock their sacrifices...

The last Marine funeral I attended was for Adam Ogbu, a 19-year-old Nigerian-American who was my son's best friend. Young Ogbu died while on a Special Forces training run in Texas. He was in perfect health, and the cause of his death was never fully investigated. This was in 2000, and I mention this because the mainstream press is constantly bombarding us with the number of military casualties, and it is clear that the reports are meant to incite anger about the Iraqi war. How refreshing it would be if partisan politics could be set aside and reporters put news in the proper perspective without bias.

The total military dead in the Iraq war between 2003 and this month stands at about 3,133. This is tragic, as are all deaths due to war, and we are facing a cowardly enemy unlike any other in our past that hides behind innocent citizens. Each death is blazoned in the headlines of newspapers and Internet sites. What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That's 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who's counting?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Heroes And Cowards

Who could believe anything written by a "Colon"?d:)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Haut, where is your contempt and blame for the president? Where is your humanity for the troops? Where were you, I don't remember any posts by you indicating that Clinton lied and people died. Where is your Cindy Sheehan?

Please remind us how the dems really CARE about the troops while remaining silent all those years.

treedancer

Commander

Quote KaGee

What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That's 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who's counting?

I don’t know about anybody else but I’m surly counting, I’m also counting the maimed, and the wounded, that we have in addition to the three thousand plus deaths in Iraq, twenty seven thousand maimed and wounded.

Of course the article that you are ..Quoting from failed to mention how many of our military during the Clinton years came home with missing body parts. That article also failed to mention 655,000 Iraqis that would be alive today if we had never invaded there country on a bunch of lies. You betcha I’m counting.

crunch

Commander

Tree, There were probably 2 or 3 million deaths world wide during that period.... what is your point?

crunch

Commander

Tree, how many maimed and wounded during peace times?... do you count those?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's kind of funny Tree, how you forgot to count the number of little girls not raped, the number of Kurds not gased, the number of men mutilated for trying to feed their families, the number of young men conscripted against their will into the army, the number of people tortured and killed for speaking their minds, the number of people tortured and killed for trying to start a political party, you forgot the number of little girls who can now recieve and education, you forgot the fact they created a constitiution which lefties said couldn't be done, you forgot the numerous elections that the lefties said couldn't be done, your forgot to point out the number of mass graves that have been uncovered further exposing the decades of atrosities. I guess some of us can continue to cheer for the UN, but I guess that got exposed for the corrupt little tyrany it was and continues to be.

Support our troops, they deserve it. Honor their sacrifices not use those very sacrifices to beat them over the head with.

crunch

Commander

Tree, the people in that part of the world have been slitting each others throat since paper was invented.... again, what is your point?

Is your point that every thing in the Mid-East is our fault? It’s just America over stepping the bounds of world Stewardship?

Get real, if America hadn’t asserted it’s rights after WWII, and become the Steward (police) of the world, where would you be now, comrade? :p

Edit: I know you know I'm not calling you a "commi"... but we must tread light you know. :p

crunch

Commander

Support our troops, they deserve it. Honor their sacrifices not use those very sacrifices to beat them over the head with.

Now there is a Sig for those that collect them.....

treedancer

Commander

Wouldn’t a better question be what are the losses as a percentage of the deployed force?

Average 150000 deployed, not sure about the numbers, If I tried could most likely come up but know the deaths, thank you Ms. Colon.3133 deaths ,of Americans.

You get 21 deaths per thousand of youth between the age of 18 and 21 your getting close to epidemic proportions.

Throw in another twenty seven thousand maimed and wounded. Which comes out to 185 maimed and wounded per thousand, in the same age group, now lets here how careless the American youth are when there not at war. Let me here about how they kill themselves in training accidents, when were not at war, lets here some more ridicules statements.

crunch

Commander

OK Tree...... here is a ridiculous question..... what is the death toll per year, on average in Iraq pre US invasion?

How many did Saddam kill? How many died from training accidents, car wrecks.... acts of Dog?

Some times you make me wonder.

treedancer

Commander

<<some times you make me wonder. >>

That street goes two ways .

crunch

Commander

LOL.... don't I know it..... But I wasn't the one that didn't trust myself to not read you. :p

ob

Admiral

Here's one for you.An average of 22,000 die each year from aids in the 50 US states.About 1 million are living with HIV with around 40,000 new diagnosed cases each year stateside.100,000 deaths each year in Uganda.From 1980-2000 21.8 million have died from aids worldwide.

Bondo

Staff member

That article also failed to mention 655,000 Iraqis that would be alive today if we had never invaded there country

Good Point.........

You fail to mention how many 100s of Thousands that Sadam put into Mass Graves while Slick Willy was doing the Oil for Food thing,+ Bombing Iraq on a Daily basis.....

I Bet the # is Higher than the 655,000 you mention.....
And, Btw,......
How many of this 655,000 were Actually the Enemy,..??..??...... Without Uniforms,+ With the Enemy hiding behind the Women,+ Children,..... It's pretty hard to Tell.....
'course the MsM Doesn't Want to differentiate the Difference....... It makes Better News for them to lump the Enemy into the Civilian toll......

treedancer

Commander

Quote treedancer

lets here some more ridicules statements.

And we did.8)

KaGee

Admiral

How many Civi's died in Somalia under Clinton? How many more died after we left?

Here's what we should do to make Dances with Trees and all his friends happy. Just dis-band the the military... period. No more Pentagon. No more Army, Navy, or AF. Just send them all home. That will solve the death issue.

BTW, an 18 yr old male is safer in the streets of Bagdad than in the city streets of Detroit. But since the Tree Dancer does not live there, why would he give a flip?

If only TD et-al were equally as pasionate about the thousands of murdered babies, slaughtered daily in the abortion mills of the U.S. as they are in trying to bring down a President.

waterinthefuel

Commander

KaGee said:
If only TD et-al were equally as pasionate about the thousands of murdered babies, slaughtered daily in the abortion mills of the U.S. as they are in trying to bring down a President.

I've always said if the dems were as hard on the terrorists as they were on unborn babies we wouldn't have had a 9/11.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

The reason I dismiss this article as carp is because it gives just enough info to steer you to the author's conclusions......
She is comparing the deaths in the Iraqi war to the military deaths of some of the Clinton years.....
I would guess that she chose to use the years with the highest numbers (Clinton era)....
I would guess that she is comparing Us deaths in the IraqI war to all Us deaths in the Clinton era years aforementioned.....
Now, if she had compared the number for all US deaths during the four years of Bush era, I might have listened.......
Nor does she mention that if a soldier is mortally wounded in Iraq & evacuated to, say , Ramstein & dies there he/she is not part of the 'official' tally for Iraq.....
So, I dismiss this article & it's premise due to her willful manipulation of the numbers....
Everyone knows what a colon is connected to, correct?
Oh, almost forgot......
The number of Iraqi 'civilians' killed is irrelevant......
No one knows who all of the dead are....
I'm sure there are plenty of foreigners added into those numbers, 'cuz they all look alike & how could you tell an insurgent, terrorist, foreign fighter from one another....
I'm sure that our soldiers are doing their best not to kill innocents......
Don't think that holds true for the insurgent, terrorist, & foreign fighters...;)...JK