Things are a little slow over at the Props Forum!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Are there any Merc I/O props that are not interchangeable, pitch and diameter not withstanding?

In other words will a Merc 1 prop fit an alpha 1 etc etc,

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Things are a little slow over at the Props Forum!

They are all created equal.....
With respect to model 1, r, mr, alpha......:)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Your gonna need more than a prop to win the race...
th_26.gif

You should be asking for some gt40 heads..........
th_FordBikini.gif

Or something like that to distract me when we hammer it....:love:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Tail_Gunner said:
Your gonna need more than a prop to win the race...
th_26.gif

You should be asking for some gt40 heads..........
th_FordBikini.gif

Or something like that to distract me when we hammer it....:love:

Gt40 and 40P heads won't do squat for a Mercruiser's anemic 8 to 1 compression. Now, if I could pop my Gulfstream 5.0 roller cam motor into that cute little Beachcraft, I'd for sure be walkin' away with your pink slip!:p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Haut said:
They are all created equal.....
With respect to model 1, r, mr, alpha......:)

Thanks Haut, the combinations and permutations are mind boggling. It's good to elimate the hub requirements.

How is your 351W project progressing? Ooh, the possibilities are endless when you're starting from scratch.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

:} Opps keep gettn the old barge's mixed up.........
icon_smile.gif

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Tail_Gunner said:
icon_smile.gif

To keep your head, addled by all this miserable NW cloudy weather, clear and focused, our destiny is entertwined by the advent of my little 18 ft pocket rocket, the $500, searay knock off. It has the faster hull but with the more anemic 302. That is why I want to put that cute little 450 cfm Holley on it that costs almost as much as the boat did.

My Gulfstream, although lightweight for a 20 footer, is heavier and does not have the higher speed hull that the Beachcraft does. That is why the Gulfstream motor in the Beachcraft would tear you a new one.:p ..from start to finish.

The Gulfstream has the 2001 Ford explorer roller cam 5.0 liter with 9 to 1 compression, GT40P heads, a bold cam with roller rockers and a 600 cfm Holley. That's the one that would rip a you new one out of the hole but probably suffer down the 1/4 mile and beyond.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Boomyal said:
Tail_Gunner said:
icon_smile.gif

To keep your head, addled by all this miserable NW cloudy weather, clear and focused, our destiny is entertwined by the advent of my little 18 ft pocket rocket, the $500, searay knock off. It has the faster hull but with the more anemic 302. That is why I want to put that cute little 450 cfm Holley on it that costs almost as much as the boat did.

My Gulfstream, althought lightweight for a 20 footer, is heavier and does not have the higher speed hull that the Beachcraft does. That is why the Gulfstream motor in the Beachcraft would tear you a new one.:p

The Gulfstream has the 2001 Ford explorer roller cam 5.0 liter with 9 to 1 compression, a bold cam with roller rockers and a 600 cfm Holley. That's the one that would rip a you new one out of the hole but probably suffer down the 1/4 mile.

Takin note's..........
coffee-1.gif

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

It's actually next winter's project, I only bought it on a whim, 'cuz it was brand new with intake, dist. & tin for $1500.00....
I haven't done anything with it yet....
Bad weather in Bondo's neck o' the woods has precluded him from any parts retrieval....
My old 302 still runs great so there is no urgent need to do it yet......
I'm far too busy with the house & yard, this winter.....
Tail Gunner, did you ever get my PM?........JK

Bondo

Staff member

Are there any Merc I/O props that are not interchangeable, pitch and diameter not withstanding?

The Propshaft, Splines, Diameter,+ Length are the Same for the Large Gearcase Merc. Outboards, The Alpha series from Begining to End,+ the Bravo 1s........

Besides Blade Design,+ Pitch, Etc...... They'll All Interchange..........
And,....
A prop for a 4" Gearcase Outboard can "Get you Home",....
But the Gap around the gearcase causes it to Blow-out at much more than Idle.......:love:

The 1s that Won't interchange would be the Bravo IIs,+ IIIs, the TRSs,+ TRs, and the Little outboards......
Probably the Fancy Merc. Racing Products Too,.... Black Hawks, etc.....

Bad weather in Bondo's neck o' the woods has precluded him from any parts retrieval....

Ayuh,..... It got up to the Single Digits today,....... Started out as the Coldest in the lower 48,.... -35* at the Airport,.. -26* here at the house.....
Heatwave coming Tomorrow,..... Global Warming,.....
They're calling for 33/35*.......d:)
It hasn't been up to 30* since it started Snowing 3 Weeks ago............:'(
Talk about Hardpack,+ Ice build-up.........

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Yeah the board gets a little slow sometime's, give a yell nex time, boom's rigth this weather is gettin me stir crazy. Dont take much to get me up and going........... Been thinkn about running the Columbia and having some fun but too much debrie in there for now.

Hopefully the springer's will start running and get me out of the house...

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

This weather is ABSOLUTELY driving me stir crazy!

I don't have the BBC in the Liberator yet so it's somewhat OK for now.......But I'm getting close.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

HT32BSX115 said:
...I don't have the BBC in the Liberator yet so ....

What am I missing here HT3?

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sometimes the blades from different props will not clear the skeg/zinc fin. I tried swapping a stainless steel prop for an aluminum on a pre-Alpha drive, but the aluminum one did not clear. Both were stamped as 19". The same aluminum prop cleared fine on another pre-Alpha drive I have.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

That's why they have little zincs & big 'uns.....:)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Blah ba blah ba blah, im still going to whip his #$3, But that dont mean he's a bad guy.......... Pssst i need to mod a 4.3 tbi to 260 hp any hint's here...........8)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey TG, did you pick up that other boat, the one with possible freeze damage?

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Tail_Gunner said:
Blah ba blah ba blah, im still going to whip his #$3, But that dont mean he's a bad guy.......... Pssst i need to mod a 4.3 tbi to 260 hp any hint's here...........8)

Intake manifold, cam and exhaust will get you there(as long as you have the Vortec heads) providing you can get the ECM to work with new cam, otherwise you can just replace it with an Edelbrock 4bbl.

Have fun - You wont quite have the same torque as the 5.7's but all of those 5.0EFI just won't understand "how that little v6 runs harder than their BIG V8"

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Boomyal said:
Hey TG, did you pick up that other boat, the one with possible freeze damage?

Nope you were right about the long cold snap, it was just enough for me to say no. I really dont need any other problem's right now.