Wiring Diagram

JayDog610

Recruit
I am looking for a wiring diagram or wiring help for my 1993 KingFisher XL-154 bass boat. The previous owner replaced the steering linkage and messed up all the wiring on the console. Most of my gauges do not work and those that do all they do is flutter. I appreciate any help I could get.

Thank you in advance,

Jason

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wiring Diagram

jason, the easiest thing to do is to rip it out and start over, flutter is usually bad connections.. the don't have wiring diagrams for boats. i do this on every boat i rehab.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Here's a diagram for a "generic" instrument panel. Your's will be very close to this. Most small boat manufacturers don't have wiring diagrams and if they do, they generally aren't published anywhere.
InstrumentPanelWiring.jpg

drewpster

Commander

Hey Sivertip, I was wondering what program you are using to make your cool looking drawings. I am assuming your using an engineering program CAD maybe?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Nope -- they are done using PowerPoint which is a presentation-graphics program from Microsoft. I use a capture program (FullShot) to capture various images (such as the switches) from various sources and then drop them onto the PowerPoint slide. PowerPoint has a fair number of drawing tools.

JB

Nice job, Silvertip.

Request permission to transfer/copy your post to Engine FAQs.

Thanks.

JB

Done, and thank you for your contribution. :)

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I love this pic. It's a great simplified picture of a complicated issue for many mnay people. Nice work there.