Good Head?

andy1canada

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Howdy,

But seriously folks... I need advise on a good crapper ... super-duper-pooper for my small cuddy. Don't want electric; wouldn't get used enough to justify it.

Been reading a little on these things... (yep, doin' me some book-learnin') and it seems to me the majority of manual flush marine toilets don't seem to last that long. Big bucks in replacement parts no doubt.

The boat I've bought still has the two original (1980) intake and outlet thru-hull fittings with brass shut-off's still in place (not sure if I should replace these or use 'em), and I was hoping to buy a decent throne and hook it up where the original one used to be.

Any advice on a good quality name brand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry Anderson

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Good Head?

super-duper-pooper

Well,......
My Favorite, No mess, No pump, No plumbing, No Hassle Head is;............

A 5gal. Pail, with a Toliet Seat,+ a box of Small Kitchen Garbagebags............

Set a Bag in the Pail, place the Seat over it,+ Do your Thing,.......
Remove the Seat,.... Seal the Bag,..... Drop in it the Trash when you get to Shore.........

Don't get No Simpler.........

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

That is pretty gross driving around with a load of SH%$ in a bag near your being....LOL! Just kidding, been there before...LOL!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the Jabsco 29090-2000 and 29120-2000, are as reliable as they come. the 1st is a compact unit,. if flushing with out a holding tank, don't do it at the dock, or the sh** police will be on you, like what you flushed.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I'm surprised that an overboard flushable toilet is available today. Geez, don't the the Greenpeace people hear about this.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

was doing some research, in the US you can not discharge directly into the water. must be 3 miles off shore in the ocean. Gray water can be discharge (sink and shower), but no sewage. suggest a holding tank and masserator(crap chewer).

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Regulations, regulations and more regulations. I'm thinking of buying this overboard discharge toilet just to have one before they ban the sale of them!

Kind of reminds me of an old motor home I saw from the 60's. Had a holding tank that had a pump hooked into the exhaust manifold. When cruising and the motor was nice and hot, it pumped the crap right into the exhaust manifold and out the tailpipe! Can you believe that system? By the time you got where you were going the holding tank was empty. Gotta love it.

NealLauderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welp, you could always be like my cousin... just hop in the water quietly and take a poop but dont tell anyone. Then of course start yelling wtf when your turds start floating... lol!

andy1canada

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh my God! This is great!

We should get this thread on Oprah! Imagine the debate... all the nay-dumper's and Greenpeacer's on one side and all the pro-dumper's on the other; imagine the shi# flyin' around that stage.

Thanks guy's for all your input... on the output.

Yeah, it is a might strange how some people get so uptight about the odd loaf floatin' around in our ocean. Jeeze... why don't they say nothin' when a whale pinches a loaf out there; never seen one, but can you imagine the size of them suckers? A guy could probably mistake one for a small inflatable.

On the other hand, in lakes - especially where drinking water comes from - I could see that frequent-floaters might become an issue; for instance, if the fish you are catching (for dinner) are eating the stuff... or, when your wife ploughs into a big 3-coiler' while getting pulled up on the water ski's... then ends up with it planted on her face like that thing in the movie Alien...

I digress... someone else take a whack at it...

Cheers,
Terry

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

I was just gonna say, I know this girl who would make a great S&^% muncher for you in no time....LOL. Great fun boating is hey guys?....LOL!