broke the cup on prop,where can i get

PERIKO

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 072109 prop ,for force 90hp, non thru hub exhaust,i broke the cup ,on the cup theres a #532299.i bought a 072108 prop 13x19pitch i need the cup 15 spline,another thing when i put the new prop its sounds like it scraping on inside,when i took old prop off ,it had a layer of stuck grout on the inside where the inside of prop goes aound,will that noise come off once i run engine a little bit and the grout removed itself,and the thick new paint wears down off new prop???

PERIKO

Seaman Apprentice
Re: broke the cup on prop,where can i get

thats an force outboard by the way,non thru exhaust hub

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: broke the cup on prop,where can i get

If by cup you mean the black plastic flared washer in front of the prop hub, it is called (for some reason I don't know) an anti cavitation washer. It is not absolutely necessary: you can use a couple of big non steel washers. you only need enough so the prop nut does not bottom out when you snug it.

Now as to your prop: There is a thrust washer behind the prop. It nests in the prop hub and transfers all thrust loads to the prop shaft. Are you sure that the thrust washer did not stick in the hub of the old prop? This is a common occurence if there is a little corrosion inside the prop hub. You drive it out with a big screwdriver or punch. If you install a prop without the thrust washer, it will rub on the gearcase--very bad. Buy an extra and keep it in the boat. If you break the original or lose it while changing a prop, you can still get home--CHEAP INSURANCE.