Mercury - What is it? Year Model HP ????

fishon71

Chief Petty Officer
Is there a way to find numbers on a small Mercury 15 - 25HP when numbers are scrapped off plate. Are there numbers on the block or inside some place? I do not know Hp, model or serial number. Its from the 60's - 70's black with metal 3 piece wrap around cowl.

thanks

fishon71

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mercury - What is it? Year Model HP ????

Numbers got scrapped off by steering bolt - are there markings inside some place like OMC has a plug with numbers, how about Mrecury? I can't seem to find anything.

Laddies

Banned

Some were marked on top of the block near the top of the exhaust cover and some on each crankcase half seam and near the top of the engine. You make it sound like a 20 HP if that is so it will have Hurricane or Super Huricane cast in the crankcase

fishon71

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks,

I will take a closer look and see what I can find - Its probibly a 20HP - has electric start, 2cyl, tiller removed. I will pull covers and see what I can see. Motor was running ???? but I bought it for parts not knowing numbers wer missing.

helpless1

Recruit

I have recently purchased an older Mercury 1150 115hp outboard motor. I am looking for information on this motor, including model year, tuning and maintenance info, etc. This is my first outboard, so I've got a lot to learn! The serial number for the motor is 3525688. Thanks!