Pics of batt switch panel

drewpster

Commander
Here is a pic of the notorious battery switch panel I have been trying to get started. It has a house, a start, an emergency combine switches, and an automatic combiner mounted in it. It will eventually have two main circuit breakers mounted to either side of the emer. combine switch in the top center. I plan to have the panel powder coated after all the components have been fitted. I was thinking of having the labels engraved in the panel. Does anyone know if there are engravers out there that will work with aluminum? I assume it is difficult to do.

boatpanel.jpg

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pics of batt switch panel

Check your local yellow pages for "Silkscreening". Do the artwork on your computer and let the screener do the printing for you.

18rabbit

Captain

You are on the right path! And it looks good. :)

Suggestion: after powered coating, instead of engraving maybe try your local trophy shop and ask about having plastic nametag/labels created and then glue or screw them onto the panel. That’s what I use. The plastic labels are frequently used with a pin glued to the back for name tags, have text etched in them, usually two colors so the (white) text contrasts with the color of the (black) base plastic.

A trophy shop can also engrave some brass plates for you screw to your panel but brass will eventually turn green if not shown enough affection. Plastic will look good for ever.

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

Or else look up drewpster or the title of his post "Blue Sea Labels Arrived" He has some very nice labels, and should be able to direct you to fixing your label problem.