Rudy Giuliani for President

artburr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally, a Republican I could vote for, now that he has gotten rid of that awful combover!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Rudy Giuliani for President

Haut said:
NO!!!!!!!

What's with the capital N.O.?

I would give it a lower case n.o.

I like him better as VP on a McCain-Giuliani ticket.

OldMercsRule

Captain

artburr said:
Finally, a Republican I could vote for, now that he has gotten rid of that awful combover!

Hey Art, Which part do ya like? Gun control? Gay marrage? Pro abortion? JR

artburr

Petty Officer 1st Class

OldMercsRule said:
artburr said:

Hey Art, Which part do ya like? Gun control? Gay marrage? Pro abortion? JR

YES.

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm not sure I'd like a prez that was a former war prisoner...he might not be willing to pull the trigger if need be....(ie mccain)...with giuliani....I'm not sure he'd make a good prez either ..but I did like the way he sent the saudi prince packing after 9/11..the prince offered Giuliani 25 mil right after the attack...by then the news came out that some of the terrorists were saudi....gotta love the balls to do that....but his other records aren't that great..

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

steve201 said:
I'm not sure I'd like a prez that was a former war prisoner...he might not be willing to pull the trigger if need be....(ie mccain)...

What does than mean? Are you implying some weakness? He didn't surrender, he got shot down.

OldMercsRule

Captain

RubberFrog said:
steve201 said:
I'm not sure I'd like a prez that was a former war prisoner...he might not be willing to pull the trigger if need be....(ie mccain)...

What does than mean? Are you implying some weakness? He didn't surrender, he got shot down.

Hey My Gas Spewing Friend. Both have flaws: Rudy's flaws seem to attract Art, and McCain like's to limit Political speech to make sure incombants always win, (among other things). Either are far better then any current Democrat, but if Zell Miller ran....... Look out! JR

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

... McCain like's to limit Political speech to make sure incombants always win....[/quote]

I suppose that's one way to interpret campaign finance reform.

I support his efforts there. It keeps the special interests from running massive campaigns to put "their guy" in office.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm with froggy on this one. Each has a position or two that I disagree with, but the others only have a position or two that I agree with.

Of the announced (or assumed) candidates so far, I like McCain/Giuliani.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

"Giuliani's first marriage, to Regina Peruggi, was annulled after fourteen years, according to Giuliani, because he discovered he and his wife were second cousins. The couple did not have any children. In May of 2000, the New York Daily News broke news of his relationship to his now-third wife, and Giuliani then called a press conference to announce that he intended to separate from Donna Hanover. Hanover, however, had apparently not been told about his plans before his press conference." Wikipedia

Class Act!

OldMercsRule

Captain

JB said:
I'm with froggy on this one. Each has a position or two that I disagree with, but the others only have a position or two that I agree with.

Of the announced (or assumed) candidates so far, I like McCain/Giuliani.

Well said JB, I always try to balance things too, (the only way to view political choices in this world we live in). I would rank my 'wishes' at this point as #1 Mit R. #2 Rudy J. I don't like a lot of things about McCain. Not only does he like to keep the status quo and limit POLITICAL speech, (directly against the plain words of a 20 page document I care about). He likes to keep high taxes or raise 'em, (not mind readin' jus' readin' the recent record of Mr McCain). I admire McCain on National defence: NO SMALL MATTER TO ME. Rudy has some flaws that I may not like. That said: he is obviously a competant leader that cuts taxes, crime, a real life experience of makeing a smaller government work very well and as someone else said: he has a set of b***s! My $.02. JR

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Rudy also has a bit of a problematic past when it comes to women. Not that I think that is an indicator of how he could lead a country, but lord knows there are a lot of people who actually care that someone went through a few wives and wants to be the prez. I just don't think he is ready yet. Vp is about as far as I would go for Rudy, for the time being anyway...

I'll watch and see what his message is, but he better not try to play the "I was mayor during 9/11" card. I don't want to hear the tearjerker campaign, I want to hear how my country can be ran better.

oddjob

Commander

I didnt know Rudi was a repub.....:/

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I can't help it. I am going to add a flame thrower :devil: to this thread...Can a person who has cheated flagrantly on a spouse be trusted in public office or has he/she shown that they already lack the necessary morals and integrity?

I guess a follow up question would then be are morals and integrity a standard we should deem necessary for holding the keys to the White House? I think so -call me old fashioned... I am going to go get some popcorn...

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, all the Rehubs. wanted to crucify Bill....
But it's OK for Rudy to philander.....
'I voted against it before I voted for it'......
HMMMMM.....:$

OldMercsRule

Captain

Admin5 said:
I can't help it. I am going to add a flame thrower :devil: to this thread...Can a person who has cheated flagrantly on a spouse be trusted in public office or has he/she shown that they already lack the necessary morals and integrity?

I guess a follow up question would then be are morals and integrity a standard we should deem necessary for holding the keys to the White House? I think so -call me old fashioned... I am going to go get some popcorn...

Very good point: Admin5. That said: is there a VERY CLEAR choice between Hillary and Rudy? Me thinks there is. Most politicians have flaws, Rudy has many, but he is a proven performer as an actual LEADER. That does outweigh some of his flaws. Respectfully JR