1999 enevrude 15 hp 4 stoke

teamADR

Cadet
I was out fishing the other day and was driving up river on plane. when all the sudden I lost power to my prop. I let of gas and and prop engaged again. after that happened every time i would try to throttle up my prop would disengage. the best way i can describe it is, just before the boat starts to plane in feels like a clutch slipping in a car, the motor revs up but seems like prop quit turning I let of gas prop starts turning again. It doesnt make any unussuall noise seems to stay in gear. this motor is in excellent shape and working order I am positve i didnt hit anything . Also it was very cold out that day and water temp was 40 degrees if that matters. any suggestion where to start to look would be appreciated.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1999 enevrude 15 hp 4 stoke

Sounds like your prop hub is slippping. It might be the cold that caused it to fail, or you might have skimmed a sand bar. Remove it and you might see shiny metal where the hardware meets the prop. That can be an indicator. It might work OK in warm water.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Probably a spun hub on the prop.Easy to check.Remove the prop and mark with indeleble ink across the underside.Run it and see if the mark shows movement.There is a slim chance you picked up some junk on the prop causing ventilation.Most everyone knows to reverse to check for a fouled prop.
A spun hub is an easy repair for a prop shop.

teamADR

Cadet

WillyBWright said:
Sounds like your prop hub is slippping. It might be the cold that caused it to fail, or you might have skimmed a sand bar. Remove it and you might see shiny metal where the hardware meets the prop. That can be an indicator. It might work OK in warm water.

teamADR

Cadet

thanks for the tip i have a extra prop i will switch them out and take the old one in to see if the hub is spun