Online OEM Parts Source

Cadet
I've done my best to turn the web upside-down to find an online discount supplier of OEM Mercury outboard parts, but have come up pretty empty. Iboats has good selection/pricing on aftermarket stuff (Sierra, etc.), but not OEM parts.

Any thoughts??

I previously owned a Yamaha and found www.yamahaoutboardparts.com to be an excellent resource. Just looking for something comparable on the Merc side of life.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Online OEM Parts Source

mercurypartsexpress.com is just one of many. google mercury outboard parts.

Laddies

Banned

USBoatSupply is a nice site with even better manuals

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

They way I understand the system, Merc does not allow resellers of their OEM parts. Quicksilver is Mercury's aftermarket line of parts. Quicksilver parts are sold by www.dougrussell.com (among others) at a bit less of a price than at a Mercury Dealer.

Since Sierra and other aftermarket parts are equivalent (for the most part) to the OEM, why do you want OEM?

I buy OEM, when I cannot get aftermarket.

Cadet

Sierra is definitely cheaper than oem--if you can get what you need. I was hoping for something similar to the Yamaha website link I posted above--I could get all of the oem parts I wanted for very resonable prices. I hate retail.

Hey, on the same front, I've got a minor problem with my control box. The safety "catch" only works when going into reverse. In other words, you can just "bump" the control into forward without lifting up on the little safety lever under the handle.

I assume it's some plastic part down in the guts of the control box. I did not see parts breakdowns on mercurypartsexpress.com, so where do I go for piece parts to the control boxes?

Thanks.

Terry