Leaking Carbs 150 Fast Strike, help please.

brownies

Chief Petty Officer
Apologies up front. I know the answer to this question could be found with a quick search, but, my isp is not quick...and I think every post has the word carb or leak in it's contents.
So, for those of you who have answered this question a thousand times...please, one more time?

The composite plastic carbs on my mid 90's Fast strike 150 leak. They are leaking out of that small hole in the "bowl". Looks like this hole has a small ball bearing or "bb" looking ball in it, and the carbs are leaking around that ball. I looked at two of my friends boats as well (evinrude V-6's)...they look the same (leaking).
It's making a mess under the cowling. Any solutions, and does anybody know what causes these little BB's to loose their seal?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Leaking Carbs 150 Fast Strike, help please.

Very typical. No problem though. The next time you have the carbs off you can clean the oil from that BB area and put a dab of epoxy on it. It'll seal it right up. It's so common that that's part of any carb work.

Actually you can clean and seal the carbs on the starboard side with them on. Just drain the carbs and clean the area real good. Then seal it up.

brownies

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Leaking Carbs 150 Fast Strike, help please.

Any recomendations on what kind of epoxy to use. (not sure if the stuff I have is good enough to hold up in gasoline).